Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72164 times)

Offline SilverChariot

• Here all the time
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #230 on: 24 May 2011, 15:18 »
I'm feeling horney now after looking at all those sheep  :laugh:

Being the Rising Blue variety, they're bound to be reet dorty fookers... :evil:
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

R Forum - The place to talk Rs: http://www.rforum.co.uk

Offline woodster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #231 on: 30 May 2011, 12:34 »
Seriously thinking about the Ed 35 - anyone know when there will be more details about UK pricing and ordering?
Is it going to be a 5 door as well as a 3 - haven't seen any 5 door pics....... I have an ED 30 but can't chose between R / GTI / ED 30 - too many choices !!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #232 on: 30 May 2011, 12:36 »
Seriously thinking about the Ed 35 - anyone know when there will be more details about UK pricing and ordering?
Is it going to be a 5 door as well as a 3 - haven't seen any 5 door pics....... I have an ED 30 but can't chose between R / GTI / ED 30 - too many choices !!

I would just get the R 4wd, more power enough said really  :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline KevG123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #233 on: 30 May 2011, 14:34 »

I currently have an Ed30, 5dr DSG

I ordered the R just before the ED35 was announced. Really really like the look of it, but still glad I'm getting the R

Jimmymature

« Reply #234 on: 30 May 2011, 15:08 »

I currently have an Ed30, 5dr DSG

I ordered the R just before the ED35 was announced. Really really like the look of it, but still glad I'm getting the R

Without a doubt, you've made the right choice, R is what I'd get if the wife would let me spend £35k on a Golf  :evil:

Jim

Offline woodster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #235 on: 30 May 2011, 16:41 »
Launching at a show in Austria for the ED35?
My dealer - didn't know much about pricing or UK availability or anything much else for that matter......

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #236 on: 30 May 2011, 17:14 »
I read in Auto Express or in Car or in some other rag that it's price in the Uk will be £2000 above the base price for a GTI. Considering it comes with those hideous wheels and part-leather benches, I would consider it excellent value for money if you are a person with bad taste. :sick:
Nice little lips along the edges of the front bumper, though. :rolleyes:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #237 on: 30 May 2011, 17:22 »
^ you sound like the mk5GTI owners when the edition30 came out. The cycle just repeats itself and i have seen every cycle.

It's like history repeating itself, same thing happens with each 'anni' imo...

MK4... Initially received a lukewarm reception due to it 'only being a GTi with a bodykit and fancy rims blah blah blah'... then everyone realises it has a ko3s, the added extras are a bargain and all of a sudden the 'scene' can't get enough...

MK5... Again the same lukewarm reception and a huge number of forum banter about it being a letdown, 'just a GTi with a bodykit and some boring grey BBS rims, 230Bhp is a joke in the current hot hatch market blah blah blah'... then everyone wakes up to the fact it has a Ko4 and the extra kit is actually a bargain and all of a sudden its the darling of the scene again and hugely popular...

MK6... Same is happening all over again... my 2p worth... Give it a year and people will be trading in their grandparents for one...  :wink:
Well said :congrats:

« Last Edit: 30 May 2011, 17:29 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jimmymature

« Reply #238 on: 30 May 2011, 17:36 »
^ you sound like the mk5GTI owners when the edition30 came out. The cycle just repeats itself and i have seen every cycle.

It's like history repeating itself, same thing happens with each 'anni' imo...

MK4... Initially received a lukewarm reception due to it 'only being a GTi with a bodykit and fancy rims blah blah blah'... then everyone realises it has a ko3s, the added extras are a bargain and all of a sudden the 'scene' can't get enough...

MK5... Again the same lukewarm reception and a huge number of forum banter about it being a letdown, 'just a GTi with a bodykit and some boring grey BBS rims, 230Bhp is a joke in the current hot hatch market blah blah blah'... then everyone wakes up to the fact it has a Ko4 and the extra kit is actually a bargain and all of a sudden its the darling of the scene again and hugely popular...

MK6... Same is happening all over again... my 2p worth... Give it a year and people will be trading in their grandparents for one...  :wink:
Well said :congrats:

The key difference here is that a good spec ED 35 is going to cost just under £35k, that money opens up a whole number of other much better cars......

Jim

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #239 on: 30 May 2011, 17:37 »
I would love the seats if they were devoid of the hideous massive motive on them which makes the interior look totally awful to these eyes.
I don't like the Ford Focus ST lookalike wheels either.
The rest of the car is desirable if that's what floats your boat. :smile:

BTW Snoops, did you get my PMs?
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP