Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 155514 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
f**ked work off and took a trip to scrappy and bagged another engine mount.

damage was a sheered bolt, snapped engine mount and a slightly battered gearbox (which is fine)

manage to struggle and replace it on my todd, ended up using a mk2 golf scissor jack to raise the engine instead of the crane :D

But all sorted now, looks like one of the CV joints could be leaking though but should get me to work now!

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
nice to see you got it sorted! now get to work!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Roadside bodging FTW :grin:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Well had the engine back in, was absolutely fine...

Then the drive shaft went :D i knew it was on its way out after the engine dropped so i was just too lazy to replace it.

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
gutted dude, hope you get it fixed soon!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Did the drive shaft going have anything to do with a humpback bridge? :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Well had the engine back in, was absolutely fine...

Then the drive shaft went :D i knew it was on its way out after the engine dropped so i was just too lazy to replace it.

sorry about the trouble. . . . .  :cry:

but loving the fully demountable recovery wagon, a must for lowered motors :afro:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
gutted dude, hope you get it fixed soon!

Thanks dude, can't imagine that happening any time soon :(

Did the drive shaft going have anything to do with a humpback bridge? :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Haha nah dude, its been going for a long time and did another 50 - 100 miles after that absolutely fine, just decided to go when i was doing a turn in the road. :(

sorry about the trouble. . . . .  :cry:

but loving the fully demountable recovery wagon, a must for lowered motors :afro:

Haha yeah dude :) still had to get planks of wood to get it on :D

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Well today was sh!t, went to scrappy in a massive rush as it was shutting and managed to get a drive shaft off in some form of record time only to find out i got the wrong driveshaft when i got home.. unbolted the driveshaft and it's welded its self in, any ideas on getting it out because i've been trying for most of the day, might have to whip engine out this week if i can't get it out..

Dan

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v

thats a site i have missed dan. 1.8t then?