Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 156977 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
This is what happens when you lower a car into oblivion  :lipsrsealed:

I cannot help but think the same, lowering a car is ok but lowering it to the point of things breaking does not seem  :cool: to me.

Oh, Wayne.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
A few weeks til u change it, and another few weeks to get it all running. Or is the going to turn into another vr and be a really long project of badluck?

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Doesn't look like the engine will need swinging out, but definitely building an alternative engine and going to get it all in on a weekend :)

Been a rather unlucky past week for us, Engine fell out, both drive shafts went and my mate wrote his car off, no one was hurt but they are very lucky, one girl didn't have her seat belt on which is pretty f**king stupid.

Chassis bent out about 3" coil over snapped in half, and pretty much everything you see is bent, smashed the bottom end of his engine off and will have to pay for the lamp post he went into, he doesn't think insurance is going to pay out.

I was in the car behind when it went down, not even sure what happened but just glad everyone walked away from it, the car ended up on the other side of a dual carriage way into a lamp post.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2011, 22:04 by Dmonday »

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Ouch. What car? MK5?

Non declared mods?

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Ouch. What car? MK5?

Non declared mods?

Polo 9n3 and not really sure, don't want to assume anything at the moment until we all know what's going on. :undecided:

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
main thing at least everyone is ok, a car is replaceable but a life isn't!!!!

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Bad luck mate, but thats all 3 now so things could only get better  :grin:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
I was a bit impatient and didn't read the words, just looked at the pictures and i scrolled straight to the one with the snapped coilover and thought to myself "Oh Dan, what have you done now!"

Glad everyone is okay! :afro:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Woah! nasty sh!t, lucky people.

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Similar thing happened to me when in a mates car when I was 17. Coming onto the m5 from weston super-mare, took the slip road too fast in the wet. Back end slid out, opposite locked it, but it whipped the back round too much, hit the barrier about 2 feet from the end, the buried itself into a ditch the other side. I was stupid enough not to be wearing my seatbelt either and was sat in the back. Lucky I just came away with a black eye and a nose bleed. It really does bring it into perspective when you see how close from the end of the barrier we were and could have been sideways onto 3 lanes with artic trucks barrelling past!  :embarassed: :sick:. Glad everyone is ok though.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |