Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 155497 times)

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
The LEFT driveshaft!? That thing is as thin as a match stick anyway :D

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
The LEFT driveshaft!? That thing is as thin as a match stick anyway :D

:D i know, not 100% sure as i thought it was too far away to rub but it seems like that is the case, going to look for evidence tomorrow :)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
more lows. good work mate although av already seen the facebook status of the rubbing, its still bad luck. easy sorted though ay?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
I really can't wait to see how this sits ATM.... good work on the notching, shame it's not gone quite to plan but i'm sure you'll sort it.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
Not everything goes as low as a mk3  :sad:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Not everything goes as low as a mk3  :sad:

That's very true, mk3's seem to go very low without too much fuss!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
As said the fronts down about 20mm ish but still not low enough! Seems like the steering arms are rubbing (constantly) so going to have to flip the tie rod ends over soon as really, turned out it wasn't the driveshaft so pretty happy about that! Going to try and get it done this week if i can get the parts :)

Dan

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
how much clearance have you got left to play with?.. knowing you, a fag packet depth is still like 4x4 territory in your eyes!  :grin:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
how much clearance have you got left to play with?.. knowing you, a fag packet depth is still like 4x4 territory in your eyes!  :grin:

Probably like a 20 pack of fag packet :( will try and measure tomorrow but considering ive only smashed the subframe 3 or 4 times its not too bad :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
 :laugh:

Damn... you sound like you really want this car to be dragging its ass on the floor..  :grin: