Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 157060 times)

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
looks ace dan.

i've got that fly eyes stuff on my mk2 lights in yellow. a mate's skoda pick up has just failed mot with his fitted though. just thought i'd let you know.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
:laugh:

Damn... you sound like you really want this car to be dragging its ass on the floor..  :grin:

:D well the steering arms are constantly rubbing so ordered what i need to flip the tie rods so i can go lower :) good to see the mk1 on the road anyway bro :afro:

looks ace dan.

i've got that fly eyes stuff on my mk2 lights in yellow. a mate's skoda pick up has just failed mot with his fitted though. just thought i'd let you know.

Thanks dude :) ahh that sucks, guess it will be down to who does the MOT in the end :undecided:

This weeks updates, as above the steering arms are rubbing all the time so i've ordered what i need to flip the track rod ends so they bolt from the bottom instead of the top, also ordered bike carbs :lipsrsealed: got told by my mate who ran his breadvan on carbs that it would be a pain in the arse to do my engine so may be looking at carbing something a little different and whacking that in also i've read that you can run carbs off coilpacks / ecu so not too sure? Chopped the back of my merc hubcaps off to so im rocking them tiewrapped onto my wheels :cool: hub caps on alloys.. now that's cool!

Pics tonight!

Dan

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
Engine conversions have started already and we're only 11 pages in!

Offline Jimp

• I live here
If you have the 1.4 16v engine then you might want to look into ITBs rather than bike carbs. Apart from all the Polos that have done it there was a mk2 with a 1.4 16v ITB swap that was pretty mental  :cool: :grin: I don't have any thread about it though, someone just posted some videos in a vwvortex thread  :sad:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Engine conversions have started already and we're only 11 pages in!

:D Don't remind me, i've been pricing it up!

If you have the 1.4 16v engine then you might want to look into ITBs rather than bike carbs. Apart from all the Polos that have done it there was a mk2 with a 1.4 16v ITB swap that was pretty mental  :cool: :grin: I don't have any thread about it though, someone just posted some videos in a vwvortex thread  :sad:

Yeah man, this is a piece of sh!t 8v running coilpacks thinking either dropping a new lump in it (with a small sump) or just saving the bike carbs for my mk2 project which is coming in a few weeks :lipsrsealed:

Dan

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Mk2 project ay. Oooow. I think 11pages and u wanna already start some big things is what makes me keep readin?

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Mk2 project ay. Oooow. I think 11pages and u wanna already start some big things is what makes me keep readin?

Haha i aim to please :D

cut the back off my merc trims so i've been rocking them tie wrapped onto my wheels..

you know how it is

Dan

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
kind of reminds me of an old polo i had

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
That looks good on the Merc trims :cool:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Only just spotted this thread see your upto your old trix Dan  :grin: like the car and looks sweet on the merc trims  nice motor mate  :wink: that polo looks very cool the trims really suit it..
Golf Gti