Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47308 times)

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #290 on: 02 February 2011, 15:01 »
wayne what do you reckon is it a road worth going down ?

Yes and no, I believe that a s3 lump is not much lighter than the VR but has more power.

Hard choice but I would stick with the VR for now.

ok !!! it was just a thought .....
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #291 on: 02 February 2011, 18:42 »
wayne what do you reckon is it a road worth going down ?

Yes and no, I believe that a s3 lump is not much lighter than the VR but has more power.

Hard choice but I would stick with the VR for now.

ok !!! it was just a thought .....

sort the suspension out first, for quality etc for track use you're looking at £500+ minimum. dont bother with JOM or any other ebay specials.

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #292 on: 02 February 2011, 18:52 »
All depends on what your after mate? What do you want your car to be doing? Weight wise 1.8T and vr6 are about the same.

The mk3 VR6 are not really powerful engines and power wise they cannot have alot more done to them, all you can do is uprate your cams and lighten your flywheel to see a better overall response and gain. Otherwise spend huge money for a turbo conversion...

The 1.8T engines are not that much powerful (the early specs, such as AGU) but they will push 200bhp with 210lb torque with a remap (but the torque will be a fair bit more over the vr6), later engines like S3 and LCR 1.8T's remap to the 260bhp mark. Which is a considerable amount more off power, plus you will have all that extra pulling power due to the torque figures.

Its all down to what you want to be pushing, which is what you should really think about now before wasting additional money and then changing your mind.

Since your not to far from me, let me know when your free and I can show you what a 1.8T feels like and maybe consider if its something you may or may not want, unfortunately the mk4 weighs as much as an elephant and is not as light as your mk3.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #293 on: 02 February 2011, 19:53 »
quick question guys,

is there any difference between the s3 1.8t engine and the golf gti 1.8t??  :embarassed:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #294 on: 02 February 2011, 20:21 »
quick question guys,

is there any difference between the s3 1.8t engine and the golf gti 1.8t??  :embarassed:

Biggest difference in 1.8T engines are the turbos (plus some changes in the engines themselves), early golfs had k03 turbos (150bhp), then 2000 onwards k03s turbos where put on (180bhp), on the golf. But the s3/tt/lcr got k04 turbos (225bhp).

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #295 on: 02 February 2011, 23:14 »
All depends on what your after mate? What do you want your car to be doing? Weight wise 1.8T and vr6 are about the same.

The mk3 VR6 are not really powerful engines and power wise they cannot have alot more done to them, all you can do is uprate your cams and lighten your flywheel to see a better overall response and gain. Otherwise spend huge money for a turbo conversion...

The 1.8T engines are not that much powerful (the early specs, such as AGU) but they will push 200bhp with 210lb torque with a remap (but the torque will be a fair bit more over the vr6), later engines like S3 and LCR 1.8T's remap to the 260bhp mark. Which is a considerable amount more off power, plus you will have all that extra pulling power due to the torque figures.

Its all down to what you want to be pushing, which is what you should really think about now before wasting additional money and then changing your mind.

Since your not to far from me, let me know when your free and I can show you what a 1.8T feels like and maybe consider if its something you may or may not want, unfortunately the mk4 weighs as much as an elephant and is not as light as your mk3.

ive officially decided not to do any engine conversion, im gonna stick with the vr6 lump and just concentrate on getting this car going round bends like its on rails, so im now just gonna plod along and do it bit by bit, anti roll bars back and front, poly bushes all round, ect ect ..........

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #296 on: 03 February 2011, 17:59 »
I've driven a Corsa this week that handled literally like it was on rails. Was awful.  :grin:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #297 on: 03 February 2011, 22:04 »
a freind of mine is gonna help me take the engine out and put a rear mounted 6litre v12 in it, rear wheel drive......

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #298 on: 03 February 2011, 22:16 »
a freind of mine is gonna help me take the engine out and put a rear mounted 6litre v12 in it, rear wheel drive......

That's bound to feck it up then!  too much engine, are you mad?... it was only 5 minutes ago you said you were going to leave the engine and concentrate on handling.. Or are you taking the p155...

BTW, do you go look anywhere on this site other than your own thread?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #299 on: 03 February 2011, 22:22 »

I really hope that is a joke :huh: