Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47836 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #280 on: 02 February 2011, 12:06 »
Only just had a proper catch up with this... can't watch the vid yet as i'm at work.... car looks good though, looks a bit sleeper like on the outside which is a good thing...  Combo of decent shocks and like you say better tyres and things will be much better.  It was good that you took it out as it was though so you could determine what you needed and think we can all agree that these are the two main things it's desperate for.  Good effort for getting it to the track on your deadline. :afro:

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
« Reply #281 on: 02 February 2011, 12:17 »
Only just had a proper catch up with this... can't watch the vid yet as i'm at work.... car looks good though, looks a bit sleeper like on the outside which is a good thing...  Combo of decent shocks and like you say better tyres and things will be much better.  It was good that you took it out as it was though so you could determine what you needed and think we can all agree that these are the two main things it's desperate for.  Good effort for getting it to the track on your deadline. :afro:

yea i think alot of guys on here thought i was full of sh!t and just a talker !!!

yea i wanted to get it on track like you said to determine how it performs and and suss out how and what can better it.

ive been looking up a proper anti roll bar kit, polybushes and suspension, and tyres and bigger wheels with some lower profile tyres, i think with all this done, it will be a VERY competertive track car, out pacing quite a few, more expensive cars.
saying that it did perform really well on track and did handle OK, but didnt go round the bends as well as i would have liked, but still pissed on quite a few cars making up ground on the straight that was lost on the bends from the understeer......
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #282 on: 02 February 2011, 12:24 »
You're better off sticking to 15" as tyres (T1R for example) are piss cheap http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m53b0s99p1667.

Or trackday tyres

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m12b0s662p0

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #283 on: 02 February 2011, 14:22 »
Even good 15" tires will perform well, such as falken 452, t1r, f1s etc have very strong side walls and will not flex when being dragged sideways. Where did you get the doors cut and bar fitted?

As for suspension you have several choices depending on money, if you got the cash then get weitec etc, otherwise if you have a limited supply of money, some jom coilovers (as they are the stiffest out of the budget coilovers, such as fk), they were a vasy improvement on mk4.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #284 on: 02 February 2011, 14:26 »
Even good 15" tires will perform well, such as falken 452, t1r, f1s etc have very strong side walls and will not flex when being dragged sideways. Where did you get the doors cut and bar fitted?

As for suspension you have several choices depending on money, if you got the cash then get weitec etc, otherwise if you have a limited supply of money, some jom coilovers (as they are the stiffest out of the budget coilovers, such as fk), they were a vasy improvement on mk4.
a fella in dartford done it for me, he is a metal prefab welder, so it doesnt get much better.

im gonna do my homwork on the suspension and get that sorted hopefuly for the next track day outing........
« Last Edit: 02 February 2011, 14:31 by mmaattyyg »

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #285 on: 02 February 2011, 14:29 »
just out of interest does the s3 engine drop straight in the mk3 or is there alot of mods needed ? if so how complicated is it ? its just an idea so please dont all shout at me ....

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #286 on: 02 February 2011, 14:31 »
just out of interest does the s3 engine drop straight in the mk3 or is there alot of mods needed ? if so how complicated is it ? its just an idea so please dont all shout at me ....

Starting with a VR6 makes it easier.

Have a read of this thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=124485.0

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #287 on: 02 February 2011, 14:44 »
pm kells - think his username is f17bad now
he has recent knowledge of such conversion im sure!
also have a search, sure there is a thread dude!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #288 on: 02 February 2011, 14:52 »
wayne what do you reckon is it a road worth going down ?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #289 on: 02 February 2011, 14:54 »
wayne what do you reckon is it a road worth going down ?

Yes and no, I believe that a s3 lump is not much lighter than the VR but has more power.

Hard choice but I would stick with the VR for now.