Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47833 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #180 on: 18 January 2011, 23:54 »
can we please stop banging on about my insurance ! i have paid for it and i know all my entitlements ! i have fully read through my policy (small print included) and have also spoke to my broker who is a personal friend of mine who has confirmed what is on my policy and what i have told you guys quite a few times......... im sure a few of you have looked into trade insurance and made ur own asumption on what you have been told ! every policy is different and you basically get what you pay for.

ill say it again ( i am covered to drive ANY vehicle wether it be a sale car or my own personal car, with or without mondifications, if any vehicles i drive have been modified i do NOT need to inform my insurance company, as stated above I AM COVERED TO DRIVE ANY VEHICLE.......... hence there would be no need to inform of modifications as my policy has one price and does not go up or down depending on the car i drive or own. please stop mistaking my policy for policys you have enquired about..... it is a trade policy with social domestic and pleasure added on, which includes demonstration cover.

i hope this has made it a bit clearer for some of you now.

Where do you stand with track days then  :smiley:

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
« Reply #181 on: 18 January 2011, 23:58 »
What spec is the tubing used for the brace then?

You've got a lot of work to do there still - you need a spot-weld drill and then you can remove all those unnecessary brackets.  :grin:

Just replacing the current brake fluid with new off-the-shelf cheap fluid from a local motor-factor is your best bet - don't bother with super-fandango fluid as the important thing is (like oil on track cars) that it's changed regularly.

New, clean brake fluid is what you want, as it'll be free of water, which is why old brake fluid boils, as it sucks it up over time.

P*ssing about with spacers is a fool's errand as on track you'll soon find out they're slightly out of balance and give you a confidence-destroying wobble under hard braking.  Seen it before and seen people amazed that the wobble goes as soon as they're taken off, allowing the owner to enjoy the car far more.  :rolleyes:

not sure on the strut brace spec but i know  its made of mild steel......yea dh i think im gonna do just that for now , brake fluid off the shelf and some decent engine oil before the track day...... im gonna leave the spacers on for now and see how i get on on the track. and make adjustments as and when......
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #182 on: 19 January 2011, 00:01 »
can we please stop banging on about my insurance ! i have paid for it and i know all my entitlements ! i have fully read through my policy (small print included) and have also spoke to my broker who is a personal friend of mine who has confirmed what is on my policy and what i have told you guys quite a few times......... im sure a few of you have looked into trade insurance and made ur own asumption on what you have been told ! every policy is different and you basically get what you pay for.

ill say it again ( i am covered to drive ANY vehicle wether it be a sale car or my own personal car, with or without mondifications, if any vehicles i drive have been modified i do NOT need to inform my insurance company, as stated above I AM COVERED TO DRIVE ANY VEHICLE.......... hence there would be no need to inform of modifications as my policy has one price and does not go up or down depending on the car i drive or own. please stop mistaking my policy for policys you have enquired about..... it is a trade policy with social domestic and pleasure added on, which includes demonstration cover.

i hope this has made it a bit clearer for some of you now.

Where do you stand with track days then  :smiley:

hello wayne, the policydoes NOT cover anything associated with track racing or hire

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #183 on: 19 January 2011, 00:04 »
Only just read through this mmaattyyg and am caught up, really good result on the rollers, well done, i would be happy with that. The car is starting to get there, wont be long before you end up in the tyre walls  :laugh: :laugh: only joking mate  :laugh:

:grin: :grin: you coming on track ? a few of my mates are coming down with there tomcats and another is bringing his rs4 if he hasnt sold it by then.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #184 on: 19 January 2011, 00:06 »
Much better dude ;) bet it took you ages to grind that paint off :shocked: keep it up!

Dan

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #185 on: 19 January 2011, 00:08 »
Much better dude ;) bet it took you ages to grind that paint off :shocked: keep it up!

Dan

yea and gave me aurthrites in my hands  :grin: i think i might just get a friend to spray the inside matt black, less hasle  :smiley:

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #186 on: 19 January 2011, 07:27 »
Cheers dude, shame your a way a way!!
Those door cards are awesome!!!
I need to get on with mine now lol

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #187 on: 19 January 2011, 12:39 »
Where did you get the bar done and welded?

Also where did you get the aluminium done and cut as there are quite a few lads on here that are pretty local and could use the info.

Its going good, keep it up! Any other future plans like removing spare tire well or rwd conversion...?  :grin:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #188 on: 19 January 2011, 13:11 »
Where did you get the bar done and welded?

Also where did you get the aluminium done and cut as there are quite a few lads on here that are pretty local and could use the info.

Its going good, keep it up! Any other future plans like removing spare tire well or rwd conversion...?  :grin:

Don't mention this again for goodness sake!...  :grin: :lipsrsealed:

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #189 on: 19 January 2011, 23:31 »