Author Topic: Golf prices..  (Read 5857 times)

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #30 on: 01 November 2010, 22:08 »
Shortly after I bought it:



It cost £155 on the bay of e about five years ago.

I have no idea what it's worth in its 9minute 'ring lap trim now, but then that's not of any interest, is it?

The only way it's leaving my tenure is if I'm in a box, or if it's going to be cubed.  :grin:

But all the folks at home are wondering:  What does it look like now?



Offline andykram

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 723
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #31 on: 01 November 2010, 22:24 »
I don't reckon I'm going to make any money on mine but I paid good money only last April for mine as it was pretty mint already. I certainly wouldn't make the money back that I've spent on it and I still have a few hundred to spend to get it absolutely showroom level.
Then I'm going to sit and stare at it - certainly ain't going to sell it. But I do sense the really mint original ones will fetch decent money. An article about exactly this topic in Volkswagen Driver a couple of months ago seemed to echo that.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #32 on: 01 November 2010, 22:43 »
But all the folks at home are wondering:  What does it look like now?

In April, after doing about 20 laps of the 'ring during the DNN track day:



It's just dustier now.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #33 on: 01 November 2010, 22:57 »
Nice.

So Thomas, is a Syncro "a lot better" than a 16V.  I only ask as I have thought about getting a Syncro and doing it up instead of the valver.  Is the  4WD weight a killer?

I've had a quick look around http://www.vwsyncro.co.uk/

But can't seem to find any for sale.  I reasoned that if I was going to spend time and money on a MK2, I may as well pick the best and make it the better.

It wouldn't be a track car.

Jonathan.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Golf prices..
« Reply #34 on: 01 November 2010, 23:05 »
It would take a lot of 'doing up'.

Better to find a GTI G60 Syncro in Germany and keep it stock, or just uprate the dampers and coils.

The experience of a well-set-up Syncro is significantly different to a 2WD Golf2.

Rear negative camber when lowered.

Masses more traction out of corners.

Mine probably weighs in at 1080kg (wet) with the ABF in it.

100kg penalty.  Worth paying?  I think so, but then I would.

That website's not full of a great deal.  Lots of talk, not much action.

Maybe I'll make it to the VAG Action Day next year.  Tap me up for a passenger session if I do.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.