Author Topic: Brighter headlights???  (Read 10012 times)

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #10 on: 01 November 2010, 08:27 »
I've got the same problem, they're pants on dipped beam and alrite ish on main, think I'm jus guna chuck an h.I.d kit on it save messin about with the loom, easier and prob better (haven't seen uprated - only hid)

This would make you a c*nt and your car illegal, please do not buy one and buy an uprated kit instead, which will be much better, not result in beam scatter, as your lights are designed for a filament bulb (not an HID burner) and prevent you from being the sort of c*nt who drives around dazzling other drivers arrogantly thinking they're clever because they've uprated their headlights using an illegally fitted HID kit.

HTHs

Can you clarify what you mean please...didn't quite get it??

He's saying don't fit HIDs. They were never intended for a MK2.

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #11 on: 01 November 2010, 09:13 »
I've got the same problem, they're pants on dipped beam and alrite ish on main, think I'm jus guna chuck an h.I.d kit on it save messin about with the loom, easier and prob better (haven't seen uprated - only hid)

This would make you a c*nt and your car illegal, please do not buy one and buy an uprated kit instead, which will be much better, not result in beam scatter, as your lights are designed for a filament bulb (not an HID burner) and prevent you from being the sort of c*nt who drives around dazzling other drivers arrogantly thinking they're clever because they've uprated their headlights using an illegally fitted HID kit.

HTHs

DH I take it you don't like them!  :grin:

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2010, 11:06 »
HIDs dont give a proper beam pattern when fitted to headlights which werent designed for them. such as your golf.

it will most likely fail the MOT on poor beam image (scatters the light too much)


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mk2bal

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2010, 11:24 »
Your the c*nt for sayin that! I knew some anal ringworm would say somethin bout originality/ the law. Look goody 2 shoes, sometimes u gota break the law!! 2 mates have got hid's on their mk2's, main and dipped, and they're sh*t hot. No mot issues either.. If u wanna rewire ur loom then fair enough- but it won't be original!! Ill be stickin in the hids myself and dazzling u all cos I'm a cu*t ha

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2010, 12:25 »
Seems like you have just summed up your own Profile - Perfectly!!  :grin:

I hope you get knicked with 'em fitted as they are Sh1te when fitted...

There is a TW4T that has a set fitted near where my son lives (White MK2) and his fecking HIDs blinds every other road user....

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2010, 14:48 »
(haven't seen uprated - only hid)

Not only a c*nt, but an ignorant c*nt at that.

If u wanna rewire ur loom then fair enough- but it won't be original!!

I think you have me confused with someone who gives a damn about originality, although as you haven't seen an uprated kit you won't know that they can plug in to the original loom.

Maybe you should go back to driving a Saxo or whatever turd you crawled out of when you got a VW?  I think it might suit your chav-scum attitude better.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2010, 15:06 »
Your the c*nt for sayin that! I knew some anal ringworm would say somethin bout originality/ the law. Look goody 2 shoes, sometimes u gota break the law!! 2 mates have got hid's on their mk2's, main and dipped, and they're sh*t hot. No mot issues either.. If u wanna rewire ur loom then fair enough- but it won't be original!! Ill be stickin in the hids myself and dazzling u all cos I'm a cu*t ha

Oh dear.



http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2010, 15:07 »
(haven't seen uprated - only hid)

Not only a c*nt, but an ignorant c*nt at that.

If u wanna rewire ur loom then fair enough- but it won't be original!!

I think you have me confused with someone who gives a damn about originality, although as you haven't seen an uprated kit you won't know that they can plug in to the original loom.

Maybe you should go back to driving a Saxo or whatever turd you crawled out of when you got a VW?  I think it might suit your chav-scum attitude better.

High Five To That Man - DH...  :laugh: :laugh:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #18 on: 01 November 2010, 15:21 »
As much as I am laughing at work (and trying not to) please do refrain from such explicits boys and girls.

HIDs are illegal and quite rightly people will slate you for it (open forums work as such). However, it is your choice so do what you please. Just don't complain when you get pulled for it.

Other than that, any more and I'll exercise my padlock finger (it hasn't been used in a while - must be getting old)

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Brighter headlights???
« Reply #19 on: 01 November 2010, 16:02 »
I fitted some on my Rallye it was the best mod I did but not sure if they were proper HID's they never blinded anyone got them off a TT?
But yeah disagreeing with someone doesn't mean calling people a C*nt when you don't even know them fella? :rolleyes:
Nothing to do with law or anal people its plain attitude would you say it to his face thats a question  :evil: