GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
wiper woes
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: wiper woes (Read 1483 times)
the_stink
Forum addict
Posts: 4,308
A3 140 TDI
wiper woes
«
on:
27 October 2010, 11:48 »
Always soemthing!
so now my wipers only work on the fast setting if i turn then off they just stay where ever they are on the windscreen, I think the last time i looked into the wiper problem was suggested i need new indicator stalks as the connections are a bit shot
so anyone know where the best place for a new set of stalks for a 91' would be?
Logged
MKiv 1.8T >MkIV R32 >Mkii 16v > Audi A3
http://www.tonavaleting.com
www.flickr.com/photos/stink_photography
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: wiper woes
«
Reply #1 on:
27 October 2010, 11:57 »
do the wipers work when you pull the stalks to trigger the screen washers? if not its the wiper motor or the wiring
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Agreeable Slick
Global Moderator
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,066
Unit
Re: wiper woes
«
Reply #2 on:
27 October 2010, 11:58 »
If you do need new(replacement) wiper stalk.
Ebay is your friend.
However,
http://www.247spares.co.uk
is also a good place to visit.
Logged
I made this : ->
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30416.0
the_stink
Forum addict
Posts: 4,308
A3 140 TDI
Re: wiper woes
«
Reply #3 on:
27 October 2010, 12:29 »
its very touchy, sometimes it works other times the jets just cover the windscreen and no wipers, then the wipers dont work at all
just getting a bit sick and tired of that damn thing
ebay it is!
Logged
MKiv 1.8T >MkIV R32 >Mkii 16v > Audi A3
http://www.tonavaleting.com
www.flickr.com/photos/stink_photography
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: wiper woes
«
Reply #4 on:
27 October 2010, 12:30 »
possibly stalks, but id be more inclined to say its the motor or the wiring. mk3 golf and i think mk4 motors fit. worth having the plastic trim off the bottom of the ign housing, make sure all the plugs are fully pushed in
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
weazgti
I live here
Posts: 955
Re: wiper woes
«
Reply #5 on:
27 October 2010, 17:37 »
I have a mfa stalk i can sell you if you cant find one.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
wiper woes