Author Topic: wiper woes  (Read 1479 times)

Offline the_stink

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,308
  • A3 140 TDI
wiper woes
« on: 27 October 2010, 11:48 »
Always soemthing!

so now my wipers only work on the fast setting if i turn then off they just stay where ever they are on the windscreen, I think the last time i looked into the wiper problem was suggested i need new indicator stalks as the connections are a bit shot

so anyone know where the best place for a new set of stalks for a 91' would be?

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: wiper woes
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2010, 11:57 »
do the wipers work when you pull the stalks to trigger the screen washers? if not its the wiper motor or the wiring
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: wiper woes
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2010, 11:58 »
If you do need new(replacement) wiper stalk.

Ebay is your friend.

However, http://www.247spares.co.uk is also a good place to visit.

Offline the_stink

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,308
  • A3 140 TDI
Re: wiper woes
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2010, 12:29 »
its very touchy, sometimes it works other times the jets just cover the windscreen and no wipers, then the wipers dont work at all

just getting a bit sick and tired of that damn thing  :cry: ebay it is!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: wiper woes
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2010, 12:30 »
possibly stalks, but id be more inclined to say its the motor or the wiring. mk3 golf and i think mk4 motors fit.  worth having the plastic trim off the bottom of the ign housing, make sure all the plugs are fully pushed in
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Re: wiper woes
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2010, 17:37 »
I have a mfa stalk i can sell you if you cant find one.