Author Topic: best thing to stick g60 arches  (Read 1675 times)

Offline popleyruss

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
best thing to stick g60 arches
« on: 26 October 2010, 20:34 »
Right then how and what shall I use andvadvise please also the sill sideskirt I need to stick on aswell do they bolt on?
Just plain dubbin


Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #2 on: 26 October 2010, 21:00 »
Bonded windscreen adhesive, from ebay :wink:
Thom

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #3 on: 26 October 2010, 21:20 »
As above or tigerseal

Offline dan_apps

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,677
  • too low for british roads!
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #4 on: 26 October 2010, 22:18 »
or sikaflex....thats how my rusty mk2 was held together! does work very well!

Offline lewis1641

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,894
  • stuck in the 90's
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2010, 11:21 »
my arch trims are held on with tigerseal. they are holding fast and tight despite having a few impacts with the rear rims

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2010, 11:56 »
sils you need a fitting kit dfrom vw. this consists of a long strip plus some small plastic clips. you bond these to the sills and put a screw in either end. arches you should rivet on unless your wings are shot
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2010, 12:31 »
Tigerseal, bodyline, sikaflex are all exactly the same stuff just in different wrappers...

Fitting kit would be ideal but sikaflex would do the trick.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.