GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
best thing to stick g60 arches
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: best thing to stick g60 arches (Read 1669 times)
popleyruss
I live here
Posts: 1,063
best thing to stick g60 arches
«
on:
26 October 2010, 20:34 »
Right then how and what shall I use andvadvise please also the sill sideskirt I need to stick on aswell do they bolt on?
Logged
Just plain dubbin
clipperjay
I live here
Posts: 3,148
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #1 on:
26 October 2010, 20:53 »
Rivets!
Logged
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=170521.0
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=55336.msg427955#msg427955
Thom89
Forum addict
Posts: 4,092
Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #2 on:
26 October 2010, 21:00 »
Bonded windscreen adhesive, from ebay
Thom
Logged
Wayne
Sir Postalot
Posts: 32,051
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #3 on:
26 October 2010, 21:20 »
As above or tigerseal
Logged
dan_apps
I live here
Posts: 2,677
too low for british roads!
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #4 on:
26 October 2010, 22:18 »
or sikaflex....thats how my rusty mk2 was held together! does work very well!
Logged
lewis1641
I live here
Posts: 1,894
stuck in the 90's
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #5 on:
27 October 2010, 11:21 »
my arch trims are held on with tigerseal. they are holding fast and tight despite having a few impacts with the rear rims
Logged
rubjonny
10k hero
Posts: 16,349
Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #6 on:
27 October 2010, 11:56 »
sils you need a fitting kit dfrom vw. this consists of a long strip plus some small plastic clips. you bond these to the sills and put a screw in either end. arches you should rivet on unless your wings are shot
Logged
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Neo Badness
I live here
Posts: 2,780
Feet are for pedals
Re: best thing to stick g60 arches
«
Reply #7 on:
27 October 2010, 12:31 »
Tigerseal, bodyline, sikaflex are all exactly the same stuff just in different wrappers...
Fitting kit would be ideal but sikaflex would do the trick.
Logged
You don't own a Mk2, you support it.
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
best thing to stick g60 arches