Author Topic: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...  (Read 3298 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« on: 07 October 2010, 11:16 »
NO I Haven't Smashed My Car Up....  :grin:

But My Lad was hit by a Man In A White Van Last Night....  :angry:

The Van Man Accepted It Was His Fault And Never Saw My Lads Driver And Ploughed Into His Front Wing!!  :rolleyes:

He wants to know if anyone knows of a good bodyshop in Lincoln so he can get a quote on getting a new wing fitted & painted!!  :smiley:

Cheers Guys!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2010, 11:33 »
Bloody white vans!!!!!!! :grin:
Its alright they got me aswell!
Only painters I know are in south east sorry!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2010, 13:30 »
Bloody Van Companies Too... :angry:

I've had to put it through my insurance... They were not prepared to cough up the dosh to get it fixed...  :angry:

3 hours on the phone sorting out the claim... :sad:

Fortunately my lad got 3 witnesses who said it was the Van drivers fault so no excess to pay and the claim is totally covered.. :smiley:

Just hope they don't try and write it off!! :undecided:

Shouldn't as all it needs is a Wing & front grille.... £300.00 max!! :wink:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline re2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 297
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #3 on: 13 October 2010, 18:26 »
try volkskraft

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2010, 18:49 »
Thanks for the tip...

Been passed on to the Insurance so they have the say - so far - as to where it goes at the moment...


High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2010, 19:28 »
Insurance company have NO SAY! its entirely up to you where it gets repaired!

Thom

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #6 on: 13 October 2010, 19:49 »
Insurance company have NO SAY! its entirely up to you where it gets repaired!

Thom

I know... But sometimes it's easier to let them deal with it.... I'm also 50 miles away and don't have the time to mess about and sort it...

I will let them deal with it FOR NOW!!

If I'm not happy it will get done in Sheffield by the guys who repainted my car!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #7 on: 13 October 2010, 20:27 »
 :wink: Just hoped that you weren't getting bullied by IC... like many do!

Thom

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #8 on: 13 October 2010, 20:31 »
No Worries & thanks for the advice!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline porsche

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • 1989 Mk2 8V GTI & Porsche 911 Carrera
Re: Good Body Shop In The Lincoln Area...
« Reply #9 on: 14 October 2010, 09:41 »
My own car had a small bump to the front N/S corner last week. It needs a bumper, wing, grille & lower grille (small bumper model).

The assessor had a look & recons it's written off due to the grille & bumper being obsolete from VW. :cry:

Now awaiting a response from my insurance company......(I'll be trying to buy it back though).