Author Topic: You have my sympathy.  (Read 9178 times)

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #20 on: 01 October 2010, 20:10 »
you should all stop whining and man the fook up and go buy a proper gti that doesnt leak, is much much more fun,and cooler than a penguin in blast freezer.......
yes guys sell them heaps and buy a mk1  :grin:  :cool:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #21 on: 02 October 2010, 12:29 »
Its the crap drivers that put me off driving the mk2 in winter.

On the look out for a mint mk3 for winter use.  :evil:
:)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #22 on: 02 October 2010, 13:44 »
whatever you do, DONT BUY RAIN-X "ANTI MIST" TREATMENT!!!

It stops most of the misting up you get when its raining, but "un-misted" water now sits on the inside of the screen and leaves streaks down it  :angry:

At least the blowers clear the mist after a while. They dont clear the sitting water!!!!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #23 on: 02 October 2010, 14:00 »
Never had any leak issues with any of my G2s.

I did split a 4-pint of milk in my Syncro last year.  That's when it became really great that it didn't have any carpets in it  :grin:

Took a lot of water to dilute it.  I *may* have drilled a couple of drain holes in the floorpan to clear the milk, mind....
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #24 on: 02 October 2010, 15:57 »
Leak sorted out on the rear cluster! Took me only five minutes, clear silicone on the bolt holes, cleaned the seal off from crap, tightned the three nuts up, job done! :smiley:

Offline Ardz83

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 77
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2010, 15:59 »
No leaks in my car.  :smiley:

Offline banterchicken

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2010, 17:17 »
My golf has been fine since I bought it, went out today and the footwell behind the drivers seat was flooded! I had recently been playing with the sunroof, so I really hope I havn't angered some water demons :(

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #27 on: 02 October 2010, 17:55 »
To be fair I did get a BMX brake cable and started to go to each drain hole and started ram it down to clear anything like dead leaves out fo them.
As for the sunroof I had to change the defelector arms because they rusted by sitting in a gully of water. Its weird becuase the car is quite low and the front tyres are flat the water should flow better forwards out from the sunroof I think its just the bit the engineers forgot to think about?
There should be clear pipes running from the sunroof downwards or was that the inner doors can't remember, but if they have dropped off it can cause issues in footwells!
 

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #28 on: 02 October 2010, 18:34 »
Mines fine *touchwood*
The only thing I get when it's been raining is water from the roof gushing down the windscreen when I break  :rolleyes:
I usually find that when i accelerate away the 1st 8 Valves SLOWLY gets the water moving on my roof,
And then when the next 8 Valves kick in the water shoots straight off the back of my car,,
« Last Edit: 02 October 2010, 18:36 by beechymonza »
No guts No glory,

Offline slammed-gti

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 37
  • if only everything in life was as reliable as a vw
Re: You have my sympathy.
« Reply #29 on: 02 October 2010, 20:39 »
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:


Oh it feels good being in a mk3 + at the time of the year  :grin:

nah it just so mk3 owners can put the main sail up and finally get some speed up during the winter months at least,  :lipsrsealed: anchors away :laugh: