Author Topic: mk2 16v  (Read 5519 times)

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: mk2 16v
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2010, 15:26 »
I think you should just by a G ladder and drop a G60 you will have at least 170BHP on tap and yes its stupidly expensive if that supercharger goes, but it will kill a standard ABF plus the 8V IH block is lighter due to its 8V's  :wink: Has anyone G'ed up a ABF yet if so what specs and performance did it give I wonder?
 

I might be wrong but: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167851.0 is this a ABF in this thread.

Looks like a KR G arent the abf's a tad different set up to G?

 :undecided:
All the same it looks good that Mk1 just not sure about the alternator mount right behind the roasting manifold :undecided: 

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: mk2 16v
« Reply #21 on: 30 September 2010, 15:39 »
I think you should just by a G ladder and drop a G60 you will have at least 170BHP on tap and yes its stupidly expensive if that supercharger goes, but it will kill a standard ABF plus the 8V IH block is lighter due to its 8V's  :wink: Has anyone G'ed up a ABF yet if so what specs and performance did it give I wonder?
 

I might be wrong but: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167851.0 is this a ABF in this thread.

Looks like a KR G arent the abf's a tad different set up to G?

 :undecided:
All the same it looks good that Mk1 just not sure about the alternator mount right behind the roasting manifold :undecided: 

I would also be worried about no cam belt cover.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: mk2 16v
« Reply #22 on: 30 September 2010, 18:34 »
That's a rocco 16v manifold on what looks to be a KR :nerd:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: mk2 16v
« Reply #23 on: 01 October 2010, 16:46 »
That's a rocco 16v manifold on what looks to be a KR :nerd:
  :wink: Nice powered coat look that manifold has looks textured!

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: mk2 16v
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2010, 00:05 »
How much money have you got? To be honest mate its probally gonna be cheaper/easyer to just buy a 16v, there is one in the for sale section atm for £995

Ah that was mine sold it now, the shell was perfect  from what I could see, pretty much no rust but I think the stem seals was on there way out. I'm missing it already!