Author Topic: Oil pressure buzzer  (Read 1756 times)

Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Oil pressure buzzer
« on: 27 September 2010, 11:30 »
After a search on the forum I read that the sensor for the buzzer was the yellow cabled sensor above the oil filter. I also read that if i had a genuine oil pressure problem the buzzer would come on above 2k rpm.

Back to my problem, i has a 4hr drive today and yesterday my buzzer came on so I borrowes a friends sensor, changed it. The buzz went awat for a bit however came on below 1500 rpm. Does it sound like i need a new oil pump or have been unlucky with 2 sensors?

Vheers

James

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2010, 12:27 »
buzzer shouldnt come on below 1.5-2k ish rpm, if it does you have a dash fault or there is a problem with the rev counter signal
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2010, 23:12 »
When the engine is warm, mine comes on spot on 2k, what's my problem?

Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2010, 00:01 »
Living in Leighton Buzzard? My guess is genuine low oil pressure according to what I searched for.

FYI I made it back and it did not buzz once, I love intermittent problems! I highly recommend Isle Of Man number plates on a vehicle, I did a pretty solid 90mph + through speed cameras and I will not get a ticket!

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2010, 00:31 »
It's the centre of the universe mate ;)  :laugh: :lipsrsealed:

I check it regularly and seems at a safe level!

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2010, 09:50 »
check the large white sensor on the oil filter housing, and the yellow wire thats plugged into it
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: Oil pressure buzzer
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2010, 21:56 »
Get an oil pressure gauge on to be sure ...