Author Topic: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me  (Read 14308 times)

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #30 on: 23 September 2010, 09:06 »
So what fly would you recomend on a MK2 1.8 16v engine with a little turbo strapped to it running 210bhp on the road?

Dont wanna go too light but want to feel a difference


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #31 on: 23 September 2010, 09:10 »
So what fly would you recomend on a MK2 1.8 16v engine with a little turbo strapped to it running 210bhp on the road?

Dont wanna go too light but want to feel a difference

You swapping to an O2A gearbox?
Or sticking with the O2O and hoping for the best?

I'd lighten either way...not silly light, just the OEM one lightened and re-balanced.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

VeeDubGTI16v

  • Guest
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #32 on: 23 September 2010, 10:02 »
what weight did you get your flywheel down to?

looking at hotgolf's ad his lightened 02a flywheel is still 0.5kg heavier than a std 020 flywheel  :undecided:

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #33 on: 23 September 2010, 10:48 »
what weight did you get your flywheel down to?

looking at hotgolf's ad his lightened 02a flywheel is still 0.5kg heavier than a std 020 flywheel  :undecided:

Yup...hence no issue running a light ABF flywheel.
O2O flywheel doesn't lighten as much...eithewr way I's lighten it...but even more so if going to an O2A gearbox, which I would be if I were looking to run a turbo on a 16v.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #34 on: 23 September 2010, 11:04 »
On 02A Danny and I both had our flywheels taken down to 6kg from around 9kg IIRC.

Felt nice.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #35 on: 23 September 2010, 16:18 »
My standard 020 diesel 210mm flywheel came in at just under 5kg on my bathroom scales.  02A flywheels are supposedly 9.5kg, but I guess the pressure plate might be a little lighter?  Seeing as the 020 one is backwards and all that.

I've been dreaming about supercharged ABF's recently, I would imagine it would work out cheaper less expensive than a turbo.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #36 on: 23 September 2010, 16:21 »
.Is it it obvious if youve got a 020 or 02a ? Ive got to get my flywheel out and lighten it but scared ill mess up something ! taking the clutch out etc!

Thats my wish too a supercharged 2.0l 16v, i wouldnt like the small turbo drive on my car, would feel like too torquey mid range

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #37 on: 23 September 2010, 16:27 »
.Is it it obvious if youve got a 020 or 02a ?

O2O had a rod change mechanism, O2A has cables.
That's the easiest way to check..O2A is physically bigger, and mostly has a hydraulic clutch too.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #38 on: 23 September 2010, 16:51 »
Thats gay, got an 020. :angry:

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #39 on: 23 September 2010, 17:35 »
on the upside it's odds on your 020 has a bolted diff.
all the VW's have gone bar 1.