Author Topic: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me  (Read 14300 times)

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2010, 12:51 »
Oh and yes, it is possible to get 200bhp from a 16v engine (in my case a KR) without forced induction or NOS.

I don't think Forza counts? :grin:

Nick

Ha ha, so whp then. And also, i'm with horney on this one, forza doesn't count


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2010, 14:05 »
Mine was 197 @ fly, 175ish at wheels.

Chewed up and spat out VR's.

Offline Chris-White

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,840
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2010, 14:29 »
Mine was 197 @ fly, 175ish at wheels.

Chewed up and spat out VR's.

got a spec / project thread?
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2010, 14:32 »
Mine was 197 @ fly, 175ish at wheels.

Chewed up and spat out VR's.

Yer i know mine looses 39bhp through gearing and such like


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Agreeable Slick

  • Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 7,066
  • Unit
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2010, 14:34 »
Nope, but will have a look when I get home tonight through all the paper work.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2010, 15:39 »
Talk to DannyP, too.

Haz muchos nolidge, iz badly spelled.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #16 on: 22 September 2010, 16:48 »
Will do, i do have to ask you one question Mr DH. How come you bombard every post about K-jet with 'ABF it with proper managment' but now you have little to offer?  :rolleyes:


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2010, 17:48 »
You want high-output circa 200bhp.

I can show you an ABF delivering +170bhp on OEM management with a good exhaust manifold and a few tweaks, but I can't show you a 100bhp/l output motor on Digifant 3.2. 

For that you'll need ITBs and some pokey management, as well as cams and head-work.

I don't have that experience, as I don't have that sort of cash to play with right now and 170bhp in 1000kg is plenty for me to be going on with at the moment, so I'm not going to advise how you get to a plucked-from-the-air target figure.

HTHs.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline danny_p

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,644
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #18 on: 22 September 2010, 19:52 »
Dh is right digi3.2 is an effective out the box solution and it's cheep but 200bhp is a very big expensive ask of it.

squirt + abf works.

goes well on itb's.  cams and headwork make it go better again. 

map it on speed density, then map it on alpha -N ,  then ferk about setting up the blended map thingy.  runs well when been sensible and silly that way. i shoved a 15mm vaccume manifold across all the runnes for the brake servo for a better vac signal when running Speed density and for the brake servo.  i also added an ISV to one end of it so when the engines cold i din't have to keep pokeing the throttel, or set the idel air screw exessivly high so it'd run when cold only to have to then put a huge hole in the ignition map to get a sensible idel when hot.
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 2.0 ABF with Megajiz - Talk to me
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2010, 20:15 »
Youd recommend highly using an isv then Danny ? I want as little hassle with megasquirt as i can lol!