Author Topic: yawn. Calipers  (Read 3835 times)

Offline lewis1641

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,894
  • stuck in the 90's
yawn. Calipers
« on: 18 September 2010, 20:14 »
Going to strap clean and paint my brake calipers tomorrow but not sure what colour they should be.

It's an 87 8 valve. I'm assuming they would have either been silver or that wishy washy gold colour? Or black?

Basically what colour can i paint my calipers so they'll look stock

 

Offline richw911

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 18,673
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2010, 20:44 »
Silver  :cool:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2010, 21:18 »
Mine arnt painted, just brand spanking new  :smug:

But silver does look really good i rekon, or paint them black if dont want them noticed. I should put something on mine to protect them going a crappy colour.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2010, 23:36 »
Black or silver.

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #4 on: 19 September 2010, 17:39 »
Im a twit so i painted mine red


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #5 on: 19 September 2010, 18:08 »
Im a twit so i painted mine red
I heard that adds like, 6 bhp....
 :rolleyes:

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #6 on: 19 September 2010, 18:32 »
Im a twit so i painted mine red
I heard that adds like, 6 bhp....
 :rolleyes:

Everyone knows that, hence why they are red. I like the idea of black though with some gold coloured disks


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #7 on: 19 September 2010, 22:04 »
Black and gold, thatd add 10 bhp! :laugh:

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #8 on: 20 September 2010, 04:01 »
Black FTW.  Not stock, but not flashy.  Only noticeable to those in the know  :wink:

Offline lewis1641

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,894
  • stuck in the 90's
Re: yawn. Calipers
« Reply #9 on: 20 September 2010, 17:08 »
gone for silver