Author Topic: Main dealer servicing  (Read 6108 times)

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Main dealer servicing
« Reply #30 on: 18 September 2010, 10:09 »
No offence taken fella.

We're not really comparing like with like though. I assume that you use your car, therefore it needs to be properly maintained. One day you may want to sell it and potential buyers will appreciate your full folder of receipits.

Mine on the other hand hardly ever goes out and probably never will. As I never intend to sell it, it dosn't matter one jot what other people may think about my maintainence history.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Main dealer servicing
« Reply #31 on: 18 September 2010, 11:38 »
Yeah she's my daily drive.... I Just love driving her...

What i don't understand is why you only a few 100 miles a year in yours... What's the point in having her unless you get some fun in owning her... A couple of thousand mile's a year is bound to do her more good than, sat around and not used for months...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: Main dealer servicing
« Reply #32 on: 18 September 2010, 11:51 »
Investment opportunity ?, a wise person said dont invest in something that needs fixing or feeding  :nerd:

I havnt drove my car in a bout 2 months and when its fixed im gonna drive it to Scotland and back !! its doing my head in lol

Maybe on just everyday cars a full main dealer service record would help you sell it, but in ten years times mainly just enthusiast will by the mk2 and will not pay more for main dealer stamped book, unless they're a donut.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Main dealer servicing
« Reply #33 on: 18 September 2010, 12:15 »
In fairness I would be happier to hand over my cash for a car that does have a Full Service History, not necessarily a VW one, as long as it has all the MOT's & Receipts to back it up...

I keep a copy of every receipt for every nut and bolt I buy, and stick it in a folder, not to increase the value as such - but just to give the car some serious history and that I'm anal too!!!

I have just forked out £500.00 (G60 Shocks, Front & Rear Discs, Pads, Rear Bearings, Rear Caliper Carriers, CV Boot Kit Etc) on bits for her from VW and a copy of the bill is already in the folder.. I will attach the mechanics bill to that when I get it, and then it also ties up when the items were in fact fitted!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dubber36

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,536
Re: Main dealer servicing
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2010, 13:19 »
Yeah she's my daily drive.... I Just love driving her...

What i don't understand is why you only a few 100 miles a year in yours... What's the point in having her unless you get some fun in owning her... A couple of thousand mile's a year is bound to do her more good than, sat around and not used for months...

I had a scruffy one a couple of years ago and did 5-6000 miles a year in it, in all weathers. It kept the mileage off my daily car and was great fun. I didn't even mind leaving it in a supermarket car park.

I bought my current car with all good intention of doing the same, but since having some cosmetic paint and many hours detailing, I like to see it at it's best all the time and I guess to me that's the fun of owning it. Besides, it's not eating any grass so it may as well stay where it is.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.