Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 231473 times)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....3 years of ownership
« Reply #1400 on: 08 January 2014, 21:05 »
Done few miles now then mate, 72k out of discs isn't bad at all! :cool:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1401 on: 08 January 2014, 21:20 »
Done few miles now then mate, 72k out of discs isn't bad at all! :cool:

Pads too Scott  :lipsrsealed: :laugh:

Done nearly 50k in just over 3 years  :smiley: new job does involve travelling but only when i need to plus i get paid for my mileage  :smiley:

Clearly Im not driving it hard enough  :whistle:

Havent washed it in nearly 6 months either  :lipsrsealed:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #1402 on: 09 January 2014, 10:59 »
That's the sign of a good driver as you shouldn't have to be heavy braking very much!

Getting paid to drive your car isn't a bad thing. At least you get paid to enjoy it  :cool:

Not washing it in 6 months though, well what can I say.... That's a bit lazy  :tongue:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1403 on: 12 March 2014, 19:53 »
Covered 50,000 miles in my ownership  :smiley:

Ran my winters for about 6 weeks but had the 18's put back on today. Had to have two new tyres though as the Eagle F1's were just about legal......managed to get approx 12,000 miles out of them which is 3K less than the Vreds I ran previously  :undecided:

Was going to get more Vreds but my tyre place had a good deal on UniRoyal rainsport 3 's so those are sitting on the rear  :smiley:

Also had the alignment checked and amazingly no adjustment was needed  :shocked:

Even washed and hoovered it at the weekend. Needs a good detailing session though  :sad:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1404 on: 12 March 2014, 19:59 »
you got your winters on  :huh: mine just provided ballast to keep the shed weighed down  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1405 on: 12 March 2014, 20:02 »
you got your winters on  :huh: mine just provided ballast to keep the shed weighed down  :grin:

Yeah put them on at the beginning of Feb as temps plummeted and the monsoon conditions were putting the F1's at the very limits of their ability

Been looking at stuff to actually do to it rather than just drive it  :lipsrsealed:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #1406 on: 12 March 2014, 20:31 »
i still reckon it needs a set of springs :grin:
Can't lower it; becoming a father so have to be responsible  :lipsrsealed: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1407 on: 12 March 2014, 20:31 »
i still reckon it needs a set of springs :grin:
Can't lower it; becoming a father so have to be responsible  :lipsrsealed: :laugh: :laugh:

Feck off you  :tongue:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1408 on: 12 March 2014, 20:49 »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1409 on: 13 March 2014, 20:02 »
Ok so since fitting the F1's to the front and the new UniRoyals to the back it appears im unable to go round right hand corners without the TC and ABS kicking in  :huh: :undecided:

As soon as I try to accelerate it kicks in. Normally id get a bit of scrabbling but then the tyres would dig in and away i go. Now the front end just wants to wash out all the time

Will check pressures in the morning (rechecked wheel bolts yesterday after it happened!)

Thoughts??  :undecided: never had this type of problem before when fitting new tyres / different brands

Is it possible they have snagged the wiring so when on lock is triggering the systems?
« Last Edit: 13 March 2014, 20:28 by Rhyso »