Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 233171 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's posh Golf......modding has begun; PG21
« Reply #270 on: 15 October 2010, 20:59 »
I find even on the motorway that if you have to brake suddenly or the traffic starts slowing down then you have to change down to prevent labouring the engine and regain your speed

Personally I just don't like the way the car 'feels' when its trying to maintain the speed that's set; feels like its running away sometimes if that makes sens

Yep know what you mean, never been a fan of cruise myself.

Offline fecked_tt

• Not said much yet
  • 4wdftfw
« Reply #271 on: 15 October 2010, 21:01 »
Agree on the cruise - only works well on an automatic / DSG car as it does the shifting for you.  Always thought it was rather pointless on a manual car

wrong

cruise in a manual car is a bit pointless as you still have to change the gears.

wrong

i wouldnt want to do another long journey without cruise control. it's like a 6 speed 'box or heated seats. once you have them, it's hard to go back without.

in a way it's almost like the people who bought their cars without xenons convincing themselves that xenons are crap (when this is clearly not the case when driving at night)
a4 2.8 30v v6 quattro gets me vag

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #272 on: 15 October 2010, 21:05 »
i wouldnt want to do another long journey without cruise control. it's like a 6 speed 'box or heated seats. once you have them, it's hard to go back without.

Having owned 2 cars with a 6 speed box and driven several others a 6 speed box isn't all that as I often find the ratios are crap and you find yourself short shifting

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 16 October 2010, 01:35 »
I have cruise control, and I never use it lol Even on long journeys I find it pretty pointless unless its a silly time of day when there's barely any traffic around!

Had to laugh yesterday when I drove my mates mk4 1.8t and tried going into 6th :tongue: :embarassed:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #274 on: 16 October 2010, 10:22 »
Had to laugh yesterday when I drove my mates mk4 1.8t and tried going into 6th :tongue: :embarassed:

Im glad you said that, I dont feel so stupid now :D

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #275 on: 17 October 2010, 16:47 »
I have thought about getting them but the police are a bit hot on things like that around here or though those are legal aren't they?

Nice and legal, fresh from Dubmeister :afro:

Nice one  :wink:
You must be running out of things to do now surely??

I'm stumped for now  :sad:  Got the remaining puddle light looms coming next week and I'm going to do the coming home light mod you can do with a repair wire

Hoping to get it detailed next month and after that, that's about it  :undecided:

I've looked at possibly retro-fitting the sunglasses holder from a MK5 but I think you need everything including the light unit  :undecided:

Beginning of next year I'll get the wheels refurbed; no point doing them this side of winter

Any ideas? (apart from a remap)

Do Audis come with the foot rest? Im sure the S line does  :undecided:  but if not :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-S3-VAG-A2-ST-ST-RHD-FOOTREST-PEDAL-2003-ONWARDS-/290488741040?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a27a6cb0

From GULFSTREAM11  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #276 on: 17 October 2010, 17:18 »
Ooh I want one of those for mine! Would need the matching pedals first though as mine are just crappy black :(

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #277 on: 17 October 2010, 17:19 »
Ooh I want one of those for mine! Would need the matching pedals first though as mine are just crappy black :(

GULFSTREAM11 is off here i have one from him really good quality :afro:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #278 on: 17 October 2010, 17:25 »

GULFSTREAM11 is off here i have one from him really good quality :afro:
Agreed Rich got mine from him to :afro: and one would finish your footwell off nicely Rhys  :cool: as said to you earlier your audi is spot on :afro:  :cool:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #279 on: 17 October 2010, 17:37 »
Yeah the A3 has a footrest so one of those could be fitted but as said they could do with either a S3 or Golf GTi Mk5 pedal set really but they cost a lot for what they are! (Or am I getting tight as I am getting older??!!)  :shocked:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack