Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 231463 times)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
Re: Rhyso's posh Golf......modding has begun; PG21
« Reply #260 on: 15 October 2010, 20:24 »
I have thought about getting them but the police are a bit hot on things like that around here or though those are legal aren't they?

Nice and legal, fresh from Dubmeister :afro:

Nice one  :wink:
You must be running out of things to do now surely??
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #261 on: 15 October 2010, 20:26 »
I have thought about getting them but the police are a bit hot on things like that around here or though those are legal aren't they?

Nice and legal, fresh from Dubmeister :afro:

Nice one  :wink:
You must be running out of things to do now surely??

I'm stumped for now  :sad:  Got the remaining puddle light looms coming next week and I'm going to do the coming home light mod you can do with a repair wire

Hoping to get it detailed next month and after that, that's about it  :undecided:

I've looked at possibly retro-fitting the sunglasses holder from a MK5 but I think you need everything including the light unit  :undecided:

Beginning of next year I'll get the wheels refurbed; no point doing them this side of winter

Any ideas? (apart from a remap)

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #262 on: 15 October 2010, 20:31 »
Cruise control but then would you use it? Flat bottomed steering wheels are nice but costly...  :undecided:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #263 on: 15 October 2010, 20:38 »
Cruise control but then would you use it? Flat bottomed steering wheels are nice but costly...  :undecided:

Not a fan of cruise control and those wheels are fricking pricey  :shocked: :shocked:

The satnav headunit is nice but again is not a cheap mod and I get on fine without satnav; would mainly be so I could use SD cards to play my MP3's though I have found this

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/iPod_Kits/Dension_Gateway_300_iPod_Car_Kit

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #264 on: 15 October 2010, 20:42 »
A member on Audi Sport has one of those fitted I think I they reckon it was good.

The sat-nav units are nice, but I am like you really as I only like the look of it rather than actually need it. I have a Garmin Sat Nav that does me fine and it was £100 rather than £600 - £800!

Cruise works good in our new A3 with the DSG but cruise in a manual car is a bit pointless as you still have to change the gears.

Understand on the refurb of the wheels though, but you not tempted to change them? Set of BBS maybe??
Scott

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #265 on: 15 October 2010, 20:48 »
At £125 its a damn sight cheaper than a fancy satnav unit  :shocked:

Agree on the cruise - only works well on an automatic / DSG car as it does the shifting for you.  Always thought it was rather pointless on a manual car

Might be tempted to change them at some point; been trying to find a cheap set for winter but may just get some part worn winter tyres and swap them around  :undecided:

Cash is a bit tight this close to Crimbo and having spent out on the car  :sad:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
« Reply #266 on: 15 October 2010, 20:50 »

Agree on the cruise - only works well on an automatic / DSG car as it does the shifting for you.  Always thought it was rather pointless on a manual car

Might be tempted to change them at some point; been trying to find a cheap set for winter but may just get some part worn winter tyres and swap them around  :undecided:

Well I guess you have only had it a month and you have done a lot to it already so a few months off will be allowed!!  :laugh:
Scott

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #267 on: 15 October 2010, 20:53 »

Well I guess you have only had it a month and you have done a lot to it already so a few months off will be allowed!!  :laugh:

True.  Problem is after having the Golf I kind of know exactly what I want to do with this one and I'm rather impatient  :laugh: :laugh:

Mods so far:
Fan type washer jets from a Passat
MY09 rear lights
Puddle and footwell lights
Number plates and holders
Tax disc holder
Valve caps

Not bad for 4 weeks of ownership  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #268 on: 15 October 2010, 20:54 »

yeah good call, standard fancy head units with sat nav are a rip off compared to a good independant one...you usually have to run them with the DVD map in and the quality is usually cr@p and dated anyway! my phone works great when i need one.  whats all this about cruise being no good on manual cars though, cant think of a situation where you would have it switched on and need to mess with gears.  My daily is a 6 speed manual and when cruise is on on the motorway i dont tend to change gears, on roads you do need to change gears you shouldnt use cruise anyway??  :undecided:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #269 on: 15 October 2010, 20:57 »
yeah good call, standard fancy head units with sat nav are a rip off compared to a good independant one...you usually have to run them with the DVD map in and the quality is usually cr@p and dated anyway! my phone works great when i need one.  whats all this about cruise being no good on manual cars though, cant think of a situation where you would have it switched on and need to mess with gears.  My daily is a 6 speed manual and when cruise is on on the motorway i dont tend to change gears, on roads you do need to change gears you shouldnt use cruise anyway??  :undecided:

I find even on the motorway that if you have to brake suddenly or the traffic starts slowing down then you have to change down to prevent labouring the engine and regain your speed

Personally I just don't like the way the car 'feels' when its trying to maintain the speed that's set; feels like its running away sometimes if that makes sense
« Last Edit: 15 October 2010, 21:01 by Rhyso »