Author Topic: 4 branch  (Read 1635 times)

Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
4 branch
« on: 04 September 2010, 23:15 »
Hey, I bought an ebay special 4 branch manifold and I am starting to regret it all ready. I bought the manifold and it didnt have a picture just a stock image of a manifold. Long story short, I dont have a flexi joint or a pipe between the manifold and the exhaust and they want £45 for the pipe which I feel it should have came with. I could be wrong, where else could I go for this?

tldr: I have been a retard

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2010, 11:10 »
how much did ya pay for just the manifold then.

You could always send yours back and ill sell ya mine for £100 posted  :smug: Its a jetex i was told, but should it have a jetex marking on it? as i cant find one?


Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2010, 18:01 »
I could get one for £80 where I am :P

Offline rob.043

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 496
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2010, 10:40 »
just buy a length of flexi pipe of the correct diameter, and clamp or weld it to the manifold. Have a look on ebay, there are lods of flexi joints listed is all sorts of sizes. Should get something delivered for sub £20.

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2010, 16:47 »
Get it then, instead of ponsing around making one up lol surely it cant be much cheaper than £80. :undecided:

Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2010, 20:24 »
Here is the problem, I have already purchased a brand spanking manifold but I have a feeling that either the previous owner of my car has pikey'd the exhaust. What should I have underneath. I have standard manifold, then twin pipes running for about 80cm down the length of the car. New manifold wont reach that 80cm. Any suggestions?

Cheers

James

Offline emery1990

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,196
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2010, 20:45 »
Thats what i have mate i think, a manifold, the flange joint bit then two pipes go under the car out site into a box then out of the box in a single pipe to connect to the stainless exhaust. Is your new manifold just the top bit then ?
 
or does it look like this one?




Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2010, 21:01 »
Just the top bit.

Offline apie2004

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 296
Re: 4 branch
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2010, 22:35 »
Turns out I have a cat 4 branch. What a twit I am