Author Topic: Mk2 rear end wallow  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2010, 23:02 »
I'd rather fit genuine parts when it comes to bushes. They are not easy to change. May aswel do it once :smiley:
:)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2010, 23:05 »
I'd rather fit genuine parts when it comes to bushes. They are not easy to change. May aswel do it once :smiley:

Couldn't agree more....

Sounds to me like your shocks...

I fitted Boge turbo's to mine all round... Bought all new bump stops Top mounts & bolts etc from VW seems the last ones lasted 18 years so that will do me...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2010, 23:14 »
I'd rather fit genuine parts when it comes to bushes. They are not easy to change. May aswel do it once :smiley:

Too true  :smiley: I've only heard good things about Topran though.

X4MGS - how much did it set you back for the top mounts and associated bits from VW if you don't mind me asking? Just priced it up on vwspares - would be good to compare to genuine.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2010, 23:17 »
For fronts and rears I think it was about £85.00 but not sure as I did buy other stuff too...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2010, 23:25 »
Cheers, working out at about £45 odd on VW spares so sounds like genuine shouldn't be too much more.

Thinking of the Bilsteins from eurocarparts or possibly these shock wise
http://www.vwsonline.co.uk/car_parts_bristol/vw/golf/golf2/rearaxle/191-513-033j.html

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2010, 23:35 »
I would phoe the stealers to get a proper price before you go and order stuff...

I have to say that after my recent problems with temp senders etc... I am going more and more towards ONLY buying VW parts from now, as the patten parts may seem ok and are cheaper, they just don't seem to last...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2010, 23:37 »
I would phoe the stealers to get a proper price before you go and order stuff...

I have to say that after my recent problems with temp senders etc... I am going more and more towards ONLY buying VW parts from now, as the patten parts may seem ok and are cheaper, they just don't seem to last...

Agreed but as above it depends what you buy really. Totally agreed on the senders though - had a pattern oil pressure switch that leaked and a temp gauge sender that under read.

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: Mk2 rear end wallow
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2010, 16:44 »
I tried the stealers for my rear shocks first, it worked out to @£150 with the VAT so i left it, thats all i paid for the car :grin:. ive had decent priced oil and filters from stealers thou.

vws, ive had a temp sender from there, and a gear linkage repair kit from there, they have been ok. ring to order thou, i ordered online, and it got messy. i didnt read the message on the home screen or it wasnt there :undecided: