Author Topic: Bumper disaster  (Read 4124 times)

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Bumper disaster
« Reply #10 on: 03 August 2010, 21:53 »
Dear Mr Irwin,

I'm writing to express my delight at the performance of your bolt extractors. I had very little room in the chassis leg to hammer the extractor onto the nut, so I just pushed it on with my fingers. To my surprise, the socket gripped straight away, and I was able to remove the nut with ease without destroying the bolt.

I would recommend your product to anyone in a similar situation. Can I have a free expansion set for the extractors because I wrote an nice letter?

Yours sincerely

tony_ack
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Bumper disaster
« Reply #11 on: 03 August 2010, 22:16 »
Ant,

What type/make extracters and where did you get them from... Got an issues with a door bolt...

Ta

K

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: Bumper disaster
« Reply #12 on: 04 August 2010, 09:39 »
Ant,

What type/make extracters and where did you get them from... Got an issues with a door bolt...

Ta

K

I got the Irwin 5-piece Bolt Grip Nut Remover set. £21.99 for the set in Screwfix on Queens Road in Sheffield.

The base set contains 10, 11, 13, 14 and 16mm sockets. The 16mm fit nicely on the 17mm nut, but that may be because the nut was already damaged
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6