GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
ABF 2.0 woohoo!
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
2
3
[
4
]
5
6
...
8
Author
Topic: ABF 2.0 woohoo! (Read 29823 times)
danny_p
Forum addict
Posts: 4,644
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #30 on:
20 July 2010, 19:55 »
if you can call what happend to the crossflow blowing up then technicaly i blew it up. but you have to rember that at the time it was in the prosses of been developed and we were poking it with quite big sticks and it poked back.
problem is the old k jet can be setup cock on by whoever the hell you want it can still get pissy as and when it chooses without much warning.
IMO digi3 is actualy cheeper than Kjet
Logged
all the VW's have gone bar 1.
Diamond Hell
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,992
Opinions я Us
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #31 on:
20 July 2010, 20:50 »
As well as empirically better.
This is why I was happy to put down the MS and install the ABF and Digi3 - someone else has done all of the dev work and digi3 has all of the key features all ready built in. These are missing in base MS and the key bit missing at the time of the blow up was the knock sensing. That's what caused the blow up and is the reason I won't be playing with MS again unless I have the full set of sensors to manage the motor properly.
Why am I retarded if I think Digi3 is better than K-Jet. I'm all ears.
Logged
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.
Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.
emery1990
I live here
Posts: 1,196
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #32 on:
20 July 2010, 21:13 »
Dh, are you saying youd rather digi 3 your abf than put ms on it?
Or just saying youd only have ms if you had all the correct sensors?
Logged
Diamond Hell
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,992
Opinions я Us
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #33 on:
20 July 2010, 21:23 »
MS offers a lot of scope to tune.
It offers a lot of scope to f**k up, unless you have closed loop control.
With the correct sensors I'd go MS, because I can do stuff like put ITBs on it etc and it'll just suck it up.
Until I've got those sensors and that control (from whatever box) I'll stick to Digi3.
Right now I'm a bit outta time to handle the development of my own management and maps - two kids etc. I have every intention of enjoying the hell out of the ABF as it is..... and I want to make sure it lasts. Digi3 is the best way of ensuring that.
Logged
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.
Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.
emery1990
I live here
Posts: 1,196
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #34 on:
20 July 2010, 21:29 »
Yer true, I was in two minds and still am whether to map the MS myself, just too much too take in and i want it at its best so may as well get it tuned professionally, id probably end up detuning it if i was playing around with it!
Logged
fishnchipsx2
Here all the time
Posts: 356
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #35 on:
20 July 2010, 21:31 »
I personally haven't heard of any success stories of MS with knock control (yet)
. However, I am fully prepared to sacrifice knock control for the roar of ITBs!
I may have a play with KnockSense when the time comes
Logged
Diamond Hell
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,992
Opinions я Us
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #36 on:
20 July 2010, 22:27 »
If I was doing it again I'd probably be running something like this:
http://www.syvecs.com/
Which would handle things properly.
Logged
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.
Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.
*tell*
I live here
Posts: 587
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #37 on:
20 July 2010, 22:54 »
i allways want a mk2 abf and this is a interesting read.
Logged
danny_p
Forum addict
Posts: 4,644
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #38 on:
20 July 2010, 23:00 »
Knock control on MS is easaly inplimented the problem is filtering cleaning and amplifying the signal from the sensor. i got basic bandpass filters working but they wernt really as good enough imo so decided to do it digitaly with pic's but deloping it got rather more expensive than i thought it would so doing it because i chould and for the hell of it very quickly started to look like a stupid idea. theer are very nice PIC based knock monitors on the market for around £200.
another very usefull thing to monitor during mapping is EGT tho it is ion senseing FTW only problem with ion sensing is the amount of prossesing GRUNT the ecu needs
Logged
all the VW's have gone bar 1.
VeeDubGTI16v
Guest
Re: ABF 2.0 woohoo!
«
Reply #39 on:
21 July 2010, 08:15 »
Quote from: Diamond Hell on 20 July 2010, 20:50
Why am I retarded if I think Digi3 is better than K-Jet. I'm all ears.
well now you are also retarded for not being able to read as thats not what i said. kind of a common theme in our arguments.
Logged
Print
Pages:
1
2
3
[
4
]
5
6
...
8
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
ABF 2.0 woohoo!