Author Topic: How do I know what colour grey it is?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline mcscooby

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 11
How do I know what colour grey it is?
« on: 12 July 2010, 23:50 »
Soory for the obvious newbie question, but I've just bought a J reg more door Golf GTi and I'd like to know what the colour is called.
[centre][/centre]

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2010, 23:56 »


Go to the boot.  look inside and have a look for a sticker.  There should be a sticker with the paint code displayed.

For example.  Mine is LA5U - Royal Blue.

If not, use the search, Luke.


Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2010, 00:52 »
If you have the service book, a duplicate paper sticker to the one in the boot, can be found inside the front cover....
Thom

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2010, 17:06 »
Or if you have neither of the above call Vw with your reg number :grin:

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2010, 17:35 »
LA7U = Pearl Grey
LP7V = Atlas Grey

Later Golfs (late G-reg onwards) are usually Pearl Grey, but not exclusively
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2010, 18:37 »
Not Dolphin grey? :lipsrsealed:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline mcscooby

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 11
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2010, 16:48 »
It's Pearl.... LA7U. Cheers :D
[centre][/centre]

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2010, 19:06 »
Nice colour - one of the underrated ones I think!

Let me know if you need any body panels in that colour - mine met an untimely end, and it's looking like I may have to break it now.
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6