GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
How do I know what colour grey it is?
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: How do I know what colour grey it is? (Read 1412 times)
mcscooby
Not said much yet
Posts: 11
How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
on:
12 July 2010, 23:50 »
Soory for the obvious newbie question, but I've just bought a J reg more door Golf GTi and I'd like to know what the colour is called.
Logged
[centre]
[/centre]
The Mighty Elvi
I live here
Posts: 2,403
I'm better than you today.
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #1 on:
12 July 2010, 23:56 »
Go to the boot. look inside and have a look for a sticker. There should be a sticker with the paint code displayed.
For example. Mine is LA5U - Royal Blue.
If not, use the search, Luke.
Logged
Thom89
Forum addict
Posts: 4,092
Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #2 on:
13 July 2010, 00:52 »
If you have the service book, a duplicate paper sticker to the one in the boot, can be found inside the front cover....
Thom
Logged
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #3 on:
13 July 2010, 17:06 »
Or if you have neither of the above call Vw with your reg number
Logged
tony_ack
I live here
Posts: 757
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #4 on:
13 July 2010, 17:35 »
LA7U = Pearl Grey
LP7V = Atlas Grey
Later Golfs (late G-reg onwards) are usually Pearl Grey, but not exclusively
Logged
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6
Neo Badness
I live here
Posts: 2,780
Feet are for pedals
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #5 on:
13 July 2010, 18:37 »
Not Dolphin grey?
Logged
You don't own a Mk2, you support it.
mcscooby
Not said much yet
Posts: 11
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #6 on:
19 July 2010, 16:48 »
It's Pearl.... LA7U. Cheers
Logged
[centre]
[/centre]
tony_ack
I live here
Posts: 757
Re: How do I know what colour grey it is?
«
Reply #7 on:
19 July 2010, 19:06 »
Nice colour - one of the underrated ones I think!
Let me know if you need any body panels in that colour - mine met an untimely end, and it's looking like I may have to break it now.
Logged
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
How do I know what colour grey it is?