Author Topic: A nut from the rear strut?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
A nut from the rear strut?
« on: 04 July 2010, 20:57 »
Hi everyone, anyone have a space nut from the rear strut kicking about?

Cheers

Rich.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2010, 23:52 »
i have a couple of the dished washers which fit between the top mount rubbers if that helps?  :tongue:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2010, 10:53 »
i have a couple of the dished washers which fit between the top mount rubbers if that helps?  :tongue:

Cheers buddy, I think I have the washer, just the top nuts missing :( Strange, guess the guy forgot to put it on?

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2010, 20:27 »
Anyone have one of these? or maybe even a part number?

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2010, 20:51 »
Go to a nut and cock shop I'm sure they will find you something in your size  :grin:

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2010, 20:58 »
will a regular nut work? would have done that but the guy I bought it from said there 'special nuts' and have to get from VW? may have been pulling my leg I guess? Cheers.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2010, 21:05 »
Don't see why not if the pitch is the same and its made from decent stainless steel, it is a locking nut we are talking about one with the blue plastic to stop it comming off?

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2010, 21:07 »
Not entirely sure, it's the one that goes on the very top of the rear strut mounting over the big washer? I guess I'll take a look tomorrow :)

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2010, 21:11 »


that one!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: A nut from the rear strut?
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2010, 21:13 »
There are special nuts expecially around a forum like this one.
The only different types of nuts I've known are the stretchy types and solid ones or was that bolts?
Anyway one can stretch with stress and not come off the other will just come off or crack? Still think that applies to the bolts not nuts.... though?
 
Mate that looks like a plain nut to me LOL!
Get the nut from other side off, then go to the nut shop for comparision you can compare your nuts together :smiley: