My Tornado red mk2 fades very easily, like noticably within a few days! Im lucky enought to have the use of a garage, so its not left out in the sun every day. Thus a polish every few months keeps it red. It used to live outside, and was quite pink, but through enough elbow grease (with auto glym super resin polish)- is back to red (tho probably not as bright if compared to something new).
Threre is a thread in the detailing section, which I think drew a conclusion on a good system of products for getting the best from tornado red, and keeping it red for longer.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=153294.0I have, it seems, been ignorant of the full perverted level 'polishing' can be taken to. I thought clay was just something used to make big jugs, and settlement woes on old houses! This thread opened my eyes... I'll have a go at implementing it next time the pain-work needs attention....