Author Topic: Red mk2s....  (Read 4377 times)

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2010, 13:02 »
Cheers for all the replies  :grin:

I particularly enjoyed this one:

Must be a reeeeet pain in the arse

So final thoughts, should I get a red one?!

Well they look good when polished  :laugh:

Offline GTI_Mike

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 98
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2010, 13:08 »
Well they look good when polished  :laugh:

true.....he wants £1000 with no tax and 5 months MOT. Last test had no advisories, red, 3dr, red stripe interior, Ronal LS deep dish alloys, loads of new bits, battery, centre section blah blah....only problem is a blow from time to time (resist temptation to insert joke  :wink:)

Offline dragonfly

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,110
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2010, 13:08 »
Can't be all bad though I'm sure T red is still available on new Veedubs.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2010, 13:42 »
Well they look good when polished  :laugh:

true.....he wants £1000 with no tax and 5 months MOT. Last test had no advisories, red, 3dr, red stripe interior, Ronal LS deep dish alloys, loads of new bits, battery, centre section blah blah....only problem is a blow from time to time (resist temptation to insert joke  :wink:)

Buy some G9 Cutting compound and a BIG bottle of Auto Glymm Super resin polish and spen a few happy hours polishing her.... Well worth the effort...

My Lads Mk2 Driver was pink when we bought it and it now sparkles...

Just gotta keep on top of it!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2010, 15:09 »
Mine was Tornado Pink and used to fade pretty quick, I used colour magic, used to work pretty well.

Since the re-spray it doesn't seem to have faded at all and it lives outside baking in the sun.

When it has had a good going over with the polish and wax it looks sexual, one of the most satisfying colours to polish in my opoinion.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2010, 18:39 »
loved my old tornado red mk2, but nothing worse than spending a day t-cutting and polishing it for the bugger to fade again within 3-4 months  :grin:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

VeeDubGTI16v

  • Guest
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2010, 18:51 »
don't cut into it unless its proper faded, once you start cutting its game over tbh, turns into a regular job, then hello white car!

Offline mk2bal

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 811
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2010, 18:55 »
ive got an uber rare coloured mk2. was a 1.3 originally, so not a gti colour, when i got it it looked like a cross between sh!t and blood, but after a t-cut, a g3, and loadsa super resin polish it looks the bee's knees and gets lots of attention. like everyone says if its had a bit of polish and wax in the past it wont be half as bad as the ones that havent...

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2010, 19:03 »
don't cut into it unless its proper faded, once you start cutting its game over tbh, turns into a regular job, then hello white car!

Know what you are saying but cutting compound is better that T cut and should only need doing once in a blue moon...

Test it first and dont use a machine polisher unless you know what you are doing...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Red mk2s....
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2010, 19:19 »
don't cut into it unless its proper faded, once you start cutting its game over tbh, turns into a regular job, then hello white car!

to be fair mine was on 248k miles so i wasnt too worried  :grin:


I don't think a semi will give the same results