Author Topic: BBS Wheels!  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2010, 15:26 »
RZ was the BMW BBS wheel. RJs were from VWs.

There are two different types of RZ though aren't there? One's with curvier spokes than others

VW's which as far as I'm aware came on some corrado's



And the flat ones. Beemer ones have a different offset I thought.




If you have part numbers stamped check em on here

http://www.cybertects.co.uk/scirocco/wheels/index.php

Think that's right yeah.
Mine are off a rado, when I google my code - 191 601 025 AA - it says Golf Rallye/Corrado aswell.

195/50 15"
ET33
6 1/2 J

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #11 on: 02 July 2010, 01:35 »
As far as I'm aware, every single picture posted in this thread, including signatures, are RJs. Alec, as you said, RJs are ET33. Not sure if the RJ came in 14", but 14" RZs were ET30 and 15" were ET24



These are RZs. Notice how where the spokes bend, they are a lot pointier, rather than curved like the RJs

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #12 on: 02 July 2010, 07:58 »
RZ was the BMW BBS wheel. RJs were from VWs.

RZs came on g60 mkIIs - as per DPBs red one - i had the same wheels on my G2 - et was 33 on both in a 15 inch variety  :smiley:

Offline jmsheahan

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,147
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #13 on: 02 July 2010, 10:46 »
RJ's def came in 14"

Back to the original post - look at the codes to settle this  :grin:

Offline bomp

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 430
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #14 on: 02 July 2010, 23:36 »
They are RJ's.  It's simple to tell the difference, just look at the size of the triangular shaped bits above the outer centre ring. They are smaller than the other pictures posted, simples.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline OakeyDoak16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #15 on: 03 July 2010, 03:02 »
RZ's, BOMP! You are wrong.   :evil:

Offline OakeyDoak16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #16 on: 03 July 2010, 03:11 »
No. Deff RJ's, final! :smiley:

Offline bomp

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 430
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #17 on: 03 July 2010, 11:05 »
What he says ^^   :smiley:  Cheap and cheerful, usually around £50 for a set, but they look the muts nuts on Polos when they've been powder coated properlly, as they sit in the arches really nice.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2011, 14:28 by bomp »
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline shaolindan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 286
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #18 on: 03 July 2010, 14:03 »
So are you saying I can replace my £600 RAs with a set of £50 RJs?

Golf GTi 8v mk2 1990
Coilovers, BBS RA, K&N Induction Kit...

Offline gstar-dubworld

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 242
  • Here comes the piano man - his a peaceful man..
Re: BBS Wheels!
« Reply #19 on: 03 July 2010, 15:06 »
RJ's def came in 14"

Back to the original post - look at the codes to settle this  :grin:

+1 - they came in 14s and mine had a set as part of the original fitment..