Author Topic: ABF into CE1 - She fliessss :D  (Read 36847 times)

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #30 on: 12 July 2010, 12:36 »
howe have you converted it to 5 stud chap? cant see any reference in this thread?

Re-drilled discs and drums to fit the new beetle 5x100 steel wheels  :cool:
(Done with pillar drill and a jig)

PS: The front setup is mk1 gti vented (re-drilled), so stopping power isn't too bad already.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 12:40 by fishnchipsx2 »

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #31 on: 12 July 2010, 13:18 »
Sorry, but I've got to ask......



Shouldn't you guys have an adult supervising you on this work?  :grin:

This:



I think is an air-bleed.

PS: The front setup is mk1 gti vented (re-drilled), so stopping power isn't too bad already.

239mm vented + ABF is going to = hedge in pretty short shrift.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #32 on: 12 July 2010, 13:37 »
 :grin: The baby-faced assassins helping out there!

Good shout on the air-bleed. Just rang up TPS and they will have the clip/fitting I need in a day or two anyway  :smiley:

I think 280mm discs with Vauxhall calipers and a 22mm m/c should do the job pretty well for a dinky little mk1!  Still not sure whether or not I'm gonna ditch the horrible sloppy linkage bar running across the bulkhead and re-locate the m/c in front of the pedal (means running no servo), did it to a mate's 1.3 mk1 and he loves the extra control, although I somehow think an ABF may require a little more leg muscle at times!  Will have to take his for a test drive to judge for myself.

Also need to source some brackets for attaching my anti-rollbar to the body to help avoid those hedges.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 13:42 by fishnchipsx2 »

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #33 on: 12 July 2010, 13:43 »
that clip on fuel rail is for attaching a fuel pressure gauge, so you can test pump and fpr function.

so you redrilled the MK1 hubs to 5x100? if so you might be able to use early Passat VR6 discs, they are 5 stud but use the same hub offset as G60 4 stud discs. VW only though:
357 615 301 A - 280 brake disc, 5x100 - 38.83+VAT

also you can get adaptor brackets that allow you to fit G60 calipers & carriers to a MK1, or as you say you could go the vaux route.  If you have a random 4 stud 280mm disc sat about test fit it to your setup, if it fits fine the passat disc above will bolt right on :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #34 on: 12 July 2010, 14:40 »
Awesome! Yeah mk1 hubs are drilled.  I knew there'd be something out there for my needs, and I knew you'd be the man to tell me what it is  :grin:

Although saying that, G60 discs are only £25 from GSF, so I might go down the re-drill route anyway  :tongue:

I'll have to try and borrow some discs off someone to have a test-fit...
« Last Edit: 12 July 2010, 14:45 by fishnchipsx2 »

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #35 on: 12 July 2010, 14:47 »
yeah if you can do hubs you can do discs!  mattneck might be able to get you a better price since he works for TPS :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #36 on: 14 July 2010, 00:04 »
Good job on the build, that'll be a weapon when it's built :cool:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #37 on: 14 July 2010, 10:01 »
Good job on the build, that'll be a weapon when it's built :cool:

Like a hedge-seeking missile?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #38 on: 14 July 2010, 10:13 »
Good job on the build, that'll be a weapon when it's built :cool:

Like a hedge-seeking missile?
:smiley:
Could be, if the whole ropey brakes issue isn't sorted out. But ABF in lightweight Caddy shell should make for quite a quick wee car.


You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline fishnchipsx2

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: ABF into CE1 - Petrol pump+accumulator plumbing??
« Reply #39 on: 15 July 2010, 01:42 »
Good job on the build, that'll be a weapon when it's built :cool:

Like a hedge-seeking missile?

 :grin:

I'm not worried about hedges so much as more stubborn things like trees and lamp-posts!

Gave my 4-branch to my welder tonight to weld up.  I would rather like to drive this to BugJam next weekend, so the blue sunshade will be making another appearance tomorrow to fend off the rain whilst I make a start on wiring in the ECU.