As promised...
I haven't done much since the last update, but I just took a sh*tload of pics, so here they are.

"Before" shot of the engine bay...

..."After" shot will come later if I actually bother to clean it

Bagz sold me his 8v 4-branch today (even tho he needs it to replace his cracked manifold

), this is it placed on top of the diesel downpipe.

Need to cut off the flange, get Mr Coltech the welder to bend 2 pipes and weld on a plasma-cut 16v flange. Works out cheaper than buying a 16v conversion 4-branch, and it will actually fit without fouling the steering rack (hopefully

)

It also has a gash bit of 2.5" flexi welded onto the end [xx(], think I'll cut it off and get a proper braided flexi welded on.

Also needs a reducer to the standard 1.5" exhaust. Restrictive I know, but it'll do for now!

Manifold came with heat-wrap too


Drained diesel out of tank, took it off and rinsed it out with petrol, then put it back on:

Put a brand spanking new mk2 16v clutch on the ABF to match the KR gearbox I'll be using:

Bolted up the mk1 driver's side engine mount. Trimmed the lower cambelt cover so it would fit, will probably need a bit more taking off to clear the body mount:

Metal oil cap FTW:

Found that the fitting for feed to the fuel rail has been snapped, found part no. on Vagcat so will find out if the Stealers have any on Monday:

Although there is a blocked-off nipple further down the rail, maybe I could use that if needed...?

...hopefully won't need to consider that option tho!

This is the diesel sump, Animal (previous owner of the truck) put a nice hardcore plate on it, so I'll be using it instead of the ABF's pussy ali sump. (Oh and there's Muttley making another appearance, cheeky!)

That's all for now, I plan to bolt the engine in tomorrow
