Author Topic: Wazzzer's 1.8T... Lots of updates  (Read 194829 times)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... VR6 MAF mods and WMI nozzle moved
« Reply #340 on: 14 July 2012, 16:29 »
As promised her are some pics of the clocks I've been working on

These are the SMDs Ray (aRd) replaced for me, he also changed the blue backlights for the LED displays to red

My Creation Motorsport Bora Sport foils turned up today

Now these aren't as straightforward to fit as they look as they don't have tinted parts for the indicator arrows or an icon on the full beam light. This is because the genuine Bora Sport foils have these built into the dash fronts. So a little bodging is needed  :smug:

What I did was to cut the bits I needed from the old foils and overlay them onto the new foils with a bit of sellotape  :nerd:

Then assemble them together with the needles, doesn't look pretty yet...

but with the face on you'd never know  :wink:

Very happy with the outcome and they'll be fitted soon along with MTE and lit needles enabled  :cool:

The wires I need to make the MFD work have been ordered and I thought while I was there I would fit comfort indicators too so they are on their way as well

I went over a pot hole yesterday and heard a loud metallic bang so I need to get it up on the jack and have a look tomorrow, wonder if I've broken a spring  :cry:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom Bora Sport clocks assembled
« Reply #341 on: 14 July 2012, 17:31 »
Am only expecting good things from aRd  :cool:

Look forward to seeing them lit up  :cool:
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline dasan

• Not said much yet
VW Golf GTI - 1.8T 2003 - Reflex Silver

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #343 on: 15 July 2012, 20:29 »
That's them mate. Just make sure the icons match 100% though

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Re: Wazzzer's 1.8T... custom Bora Sport clocks assembled
« Reply #344 on: 15 July 2012, 20:33 »
Dials look great :afro:

Offline dasan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #345 on: 16 July 2012, 21:27 »
Thanks..bud.
VW Golf GTI - 1.8T 2003 - Reflex Silver

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #346 on: 16 July 2012, 22:22 »
Creations who supply the covers I use to service my car nice lads Ive had these covers fitted on every mk4 Ive owned as its such a nice little mod.Only mistake I made first time round was fit cheapo silver surrounds round the dials inside,ive since replaced these for some brushed aluminum ones which look alot better.Pic of mine with the cheapo rings in now gone.

Golf Gti

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #347 on: 16 July 2012, 23:20 »
Yeah the cheap rings are completely shiny which look cack.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #348 on: 17 July 2012, 09:55 »
Always love the detail and finishing touches in this thread, nice work as always. Dials are going to look sweet.  :cool:

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #349 on: 18 July 2012, 17:59 »
Much appreciated mate thanks :afro:

Been tinkering today as I heard a big pop the other day while putting my foot down...

Turns out I hadn't pushed the pipe I took off to fit the WMI jet on enough and it had popped off. Not enough to affect it too badly though, it still pulled 182g/s @15psi, which using the very rough MAF/0.8 calculation comes to 230bhp  :evil:

I'm also sorting the throttle angle out, I remember Nick grinding the stop away slightly last time I went up to R-Tech HQ and since then I've swapped inlets with Dave... I've got to borrow the missus tomorrow to be pedal pusher while I check if there is any more adjustment to be had to get it back to around 88deg

Also my parts for the Bora Sport clocks are here so will be picking them up and fitting ASAP