Author Topic: Revo Remap  (Read 20884 times)

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: Revo Remap
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2010, 16:57 »
Just superchipped mine -love it!  Feels like a different car.

Higher insurance, lower mpg but much, much bigger grins :grin: :grin: :evil:

I chose superchips/bluefin as I wanted to be able to take the map off when required, Iv'e heard lots of good things about revo though.

Can't comment on DSG.

Enjoy!
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2010, 17:33 »
I did mine in September and love it. The only downsides are increased fuel consuption (slightly) and the DSG 'box doesn't always seem happy with it (jerky around town).

Is that in "D" or in "S".......
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2010, 06:39 »
Is that in "D" or in "S".......

D. I very rarely use S, as it tends to hang on to the gears too long for my liking. When I do use it though (or shift manually using the flappy paddles), it does seem less jerky.

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2010, 07:46 »
I find that a bit disturbing news....since I promised my wife the car will become smoother (in "D" ) after remap from ABT... :sad:
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 29 April 2010, 09:52 »
I find that a bit disturbing news....since I promised my wife the car will become smoother (in "D" ) after remap from ABT... :sad:

Read the articlde in the latest Evo mag. comparing remapping by Autograph and Superchips (Bluefin) on a Golf GTi manual and comparing them with a standard GTi with DSG. :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #15 on: 29 April 2010, 09:54 »

Read the articlde in the latest Evo mag. comparing remapping by Autograph and Superchips (Bluefin) on a Golf GTi manual and comparing them with a standard GTi with DSG. :smiley:

Can you put the link on here? Thanks Steve :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 29 April 2010, 10:07 »

Tried to find a link but not successful. Sorry.
Have to buy the mag probably.
It's interesting that the GTi with the DSG seems nearly as fast as the superchips GTi manual. The Autogarph re-map is £2,500 approx whereas Bluefin is less than £500!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #17 on: 29 April 2010, 10:18 »

It's interesting that the GTi with the DSG seems nearly as fast as the superchips GTi manual. The Autogarph re-map is £2,500 approx whereas Bluefin is less than £500!

The Autograph car had much more than just a remap though! IIRC it was a full TBE, and also included some suspension mods.  Left my mag at home so can't be 100% certain

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 29 April 2010, 11:25 »
The Autograph car had much more than just a remap though! IIRC it was a full TBE, and also included some suspension mods.  Left my mag at home so can't be 100% certain

Yes, quite a few things. Evo also did an article on an Autograph MK5 GTi last year which had lots and lots of wheelspin (in the wet!).
Better to get an Audi RS5 or a BMW M3 instead of messing around too much with a family hatch/hothatch! :evil:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #19 on: 29 April 2010, 11:28 »

Yes, quite a few things. Evo also did an article on an Autograph MK5 GTi last year which had lots and lots of wheelspin (in the wet!).
Better to get an Audi RS5 or a BMW M3 instead of messing around too much with a family hatch/hothatch! :evil:

You didn't read the article on the new RS5 fully then as it struggled to pull away from the S4  :tongue: get the S4, remap it and pocket the change :afro: