Author Topic: Heater Matrix and Radiator  (Read 2566 times)

Offline drapergti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2010, 19:49 »
Ah, that probably means I will be going back to GSF, as I have a box with a rad in it, which I was told would be suitable.  :angry:

Where can I get a proper 16v one from without having to buy a load of other stuff?

If anyone knows the sizes etc I can phone a specialist I guess (good old yellow pages) but if the is an off the shelf solution it would be handy.

Thanks

Offline drapergti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2010, 23:24 »
Ah, that probably means I will be going back to GSF, as I have a box with a rad in it, which I was told would be suitable.  :angry:

Where can I get a proper 16v one from without having to buy a load of other stuff?

If anyone knows the sizes etc I can phone a specialist I guess (good old yellow pages) but if the is an off the shelf solution it would be handy.

Thanks


I have just checked the receipt, its part no 17333, which I thought was the right one?

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2010, 14:54 »
cant seem to find that with gsf part search,. it could be a 1.6 carby rad which is same physical size? 16v rad is double cored though. tbh it might be ok, but I've never tried runnign a 1.6 rad on a 16v so cant really say. done it the other way round tho  :grin:
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline drapergti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2010, 16:26 »
Ok, thanks what's the could it lead to overheating? Any places you could suggest or spec you could give me for the right one? Thanks in advance.

Stu

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2010, 17:49 »
maybe worth ringing them, to confirm if its a proper 16v one or not? worth dropping veew services a bell, they might have the bit you need :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline drapergti

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 254
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #15 on: 17 March 2010, 18:00 »
Will do thanks.

Offline jamie_pyrite

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 901
Re: Heater Matrix and Radiator
« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2010, 22:04 »
I ran a 1.6 rad on my Jetta when I stuck an 8v Digi in and it ran perfect temp even after a good drive!