Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112088 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #780 on: 26 March 2010, 21:37 »
That's disgraceful mate! even if they just gave it the once over before they sent it out!? so if you had been there you could have seen the marks, glad you got some photo's before you washed it for yet more ammo!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #781 on: 26 March 2010, 21:37 »
Overtook a new golf tdi on the back of a small mercedes flatbed, the far just about fitted but it was spotlessly clean. My boss had his new BMW delivered in a similar way and that was fairly dirty on arrival, but more a rain shower onto a dusty car sort of effect.

Been to check the wing/a pillar area and my tornado red is fully painted, even opened the drivers door to look at the back of the panel. Maybe metallics are different??  

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #782 on: 26 March 2010, 21:44 »
Overtook a new golf tdi on the back of a small mercedes flatbed, the far just about fitted but it was spotlessly clean. My boss had his new BMW delivered in a similar way and that was fairly dirty on arrival, but more a rain shower onto a dusty car sort of effect.
Been to check the wing/a pillar area and my tornado red is fully painted, even opened the drivers door to look at the back of the panel. Maybe metallics are different??  

Is your bonnet perfectly aligned in all planes?
Mine is not. Will get it fixed tomorrow - hopefully.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #783 on: 26 March 2010, 21:53 »
I took plenty of photos before it was cleaned. Just to proove it was not me who market it.  :wink: I would understand the rear been dirty but it was all like that i wonder were its been sitting  :undecided: and it has odd redish clay bits in the tyres/wheel arch/underneath. :huh:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #784 on: 26 March 2010, 21:56 »
I took plenty of photos before it was cleaned. Just to proove it was not me who market it.  :wink: I would understand the rear been dirty but it was all like that i wonder were its been sitting  :undecided: and it has odd redish clay bits in the tyres/wheel arch/underneath. :huh:

This is really making me very angry and quite sick. Fcukers.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2010, 22:24 by am1w »

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #785 on: 26 March 2010, 21:57 »
Well one good thing is i did not get dunlop tyres  :grin: I expected them to put them on mine  :grin:
Notice i have not posted any side shots yet :grin: Don't want any monza 17 hate posts :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #786 on: 26 March 2010, 22:00 »
Well one good thing is i did not get dunlop tyres  :grin: I expected them to put them on mine  :grin:
Notice i have not posted any side shots yet :grin: Don't want any monza 17 hatred :grin:

I've got Bridgestone Potenzas just the same as in my Type R GT. You?

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #787 on: 26 March 2010, 22:00 »
The same.  :smiley:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #788 on: 27 March 2010, 07:39 »
The same.  :smiley:

Mine came with Continentals- never had them before so we'll see how they last. My last car had potenzas' and I was happy enough with them  :smiley:

Btw, has anyone found the bonnet does not close gently by itself as it should ? Mine did at the dealers but when I topped it up with oil last week the bonnet slowly came down until the final few inches and then seems to just fall down the rest of the way. You then need to apply a bit of pressure to close it.. weird  :huh:
« Last Edit: 27 March 2010, 07:50 by H12 »

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #789 on: 27 March 2010, 09:48 »
Mine does that. I expected it to do that until the final few inches but then to have enough force to latch. I hate having to press on bonnets much better to let them drop but mine does not latch like that.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI