Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112060 times)

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #410 on: 22 February 2010, 23:49 »
I havent heard anything either.  This time now being the last couple of weeks before i'm due to pickup is worse than ever!  Knowing that my car is built and somewhere between Wolfsburg and my dealer.  I reckon that ship is going to be full of all our GTI's.  I hope they set aside the first class area.

:cool:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #411 on: 23 February 2010, 19:19 »
Just when I'm trying to tell myself to relax and wait patiently for an update, I had a call from the insurance company asking when they can have the reg number for the GTI.. Someone upstairs is having a chuckle at my expense  :laugh: :laugh:

No word from me guys- anyone else heard anything ?

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #412 on: 23 February 2010, 20:08 »
Nothing from me. :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #413 on: 23 February 2010, 21:48 »
Called my dealer today, but he's out on leave until Thursday... The waiting is killing me.  I want to know that my car will be waiting for me when i get back from my hols on the 8th March!!   :undecided: :sad:

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #414 on: 24 February 2010, 09:21 »
 :cry: I don't belieeeeeve it! having waited [Fairly] patiently since 29 August my car was finally manufactured two weeks ago, which got me excited again, but it's been at Emden dock since awaiting shipping. Was hoping to get it for first week in march but that's not going to happen. Come on you efficient Germans, get your finger out and get my car shipped pronto, what's the problem?!!  :angry:

Anybody know where I can get the clear plastic film for body protection? The sort of stuff you would normally use to cover large areas like the whole front, but I only want some small pieces to put on the wings behind the wheels. Tried extensive web searching but only seem to be able to find full kits.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #415 on: 24 February 2010, 16:45 »
Well I just spoke to Gemma at VWCS, my car arrived at Emden on the 18th Feb (last Thursday) - and its awaiting shipment.  She said it will be up to two weeks for it to arrive at my dealer.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #416 on: 24 February 2010, 18:53 »

Anybody know where I can get the clear plastic film for body protection? The sort of stuff you would normally use to cover large areas like the whole front, but I only want some small pieces to put on the wings behind the wheels. Tried extensive web searching but only seem to be able to find full kits.

Check out - Ebay item number 250584077504.
I'll be getting some for mine sometime....I've used the same on the motorbike and its as good as gold.
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #417 on: 24 February 2010, 19:21 »
Well I just spoke to Gemma at VWCS, my car arrived at Emden on the 18th Feb (last Thursday) - and its awaiting shipment.  She said it will be up to two weeks for it to arrive at my dealer.

My car has been there since 18th Feb as well.. I contacted the dealer today only to be told the saleman's on leave and the only other person who could give me an update was on leave until tomorrow. Have to admit I struggle with the concept that only 2 people in the entire dealership can help me but there you go... If this is a sign of things to come with VW when it comes to servicing etc, I'm not exactly filled with joy...  :sad:

Offline devito

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #418 on: 24 February 2010, 22:46 »
dont expect good aftersales service folks cos the standard of vw staff all over the country,it seems, is pathetic. i was told mine was ready awaiting shipment 2weeks ago but instead of keeping me up to speed as to where we're up to, i've heard nothing. i dont want to harp on about the way i've been treated since august but needless to say its up there with best/worse. one thing i keep meaning to ask is if there is any complimentary insurance provided on new VWs. does anyone know?

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #419 on: 25 February 2010, 07:53 »
7 days its on the back page of the broucher. I think someone on this thread did say the phone number had changed for them since.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.