Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112095 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #390 on: 20 February 2010, 17:35 »
Thanks for the update, this is maybe also why i have not heard anything yet.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2010, 17:38 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline devito

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #391 on: 21 February 2010, 00:42 »
I too am awaiting shipment from germany. Obviously dont want to register it till march but would  be nice to have plenty of time to look it over before i handed over my wad. You never know, if the way they conduct their business is anything to go by....well......I was given a copy of my final invoice today. All seems well with all prices at 15% vat. Also given a free service pack worth £250 for my trouble. My original order was placed 17th august 2009.                                                 

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #392 on: 21 February 2010, 11:08 »
Nice to hear. Im waiting for mine to mess my invoice up as from past experience they cannot add up :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #393 on: 21 February 2010, 13:29 »
I too am awaiting shipment from germany. Obviously dont want to register it till march but would  be nice to have plenty of time to look it over before i handed over my wad. You never know, if the way they conduct their business is anything to go by....well......I was given a copy of my final invoice today. All seems well with all prices at 15% vat. Also given a free service pack worth £250 for my trouble. My original order was placed 17th august 2009.                                                 

Thats not bad, although you have had a very long wait. I'm sure it will be worth it.
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #394 on: 21 February 2010, 15:45 »
I was chatting to a mate this morning saying my golf was still at the dock in Germany. He told me of someone he knew who had an A5 sitting there waiting to come over to the UK and there was a heavy hailstone storm. It was so bad it damaged the bodywork and apparently had to go back to the bodyshop to be repaired.. Gulp !

Anyone else expecting their car to be shipped looking at the weather in northern Germany at the moment?  :laugh:

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #395 on: 21 February 2010, 15:53 »
I was chatting to a mate this morning saying my golf was still at the dock in Germany. He told me of someone he knew who had an A5 sitting there waiting to come over to the UK and there was a heavy hailstone storm. It was so bad it damaged the bodywork and apparently had to go back to the bodyshop to be repaired.. Gulp !

Anyone else expecting their car to be shipped looking at the weather in northern Germany at the moment?  :laugh:

Smilar happened in 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7477849.stm
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #396 on: 21 February 2010, 16:02 »

Smilar happened in 2008

Eeek ! Just looked at the weather over there and it's likely to be heavy rain/ sleet until Wednesday when they're expecting snow. Can't believe I've just looked actually.. I must want this car really badly  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #397 on: 21 February 2010, 17:21 »

Smilar happened in 2008

Eeek ! Just looked at the weather over there and it's likely to be heavy rain/ sleet until Wednesday when they're expecting snow. Can't believe I've just looked actually.. I must want this car really badly  :smiley: :smiley:
Thank god mines in showroom :smug:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #398 on: 21 February 2010, 18:04 »

Shh! why did you have to put that worry into their heads? :evil:

Gizzy
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #399 on: 21 February 2010, 18:51 »
H12, please don't say that i don't know how much more i can take  :laugh:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI