Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112072 times)

Offline Gasman361

• Not said much yet
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #320 on: 06 February 2010, 18:35 »
15th Sept B/W 7 NOW CONFIRMED

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #321 on: 06 February 2010, 18:49 »
Can't quite believe this whilst I type but I've had confirmation that my car is now being built ! The dealer said it's in production phase 1 which I'm guessing is the colour and the standard GTI spec production? If anyone knows, I'd be interested to find out. He also said he'll lock the gates if it arrives before March so it won't get registered before then  :grin:

I've also had confirmation that I'll get free GAP insurance as well. Bit of a result so I'm a happy boy  :smiley: :smiley:
I have been told mine starts Monday, you jumped the queue and you jammy git on the GAP  :tongue: Looks like ours maybe traveling down from Grimsby together  :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #322 on: 06 February 2010, 19:52 »
Gratz H12 mate, good result eh?

:grin:

March 8th cant come around quick enough for me!!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #323 on: 07 February 2010, 07:57 »
How many miles can I expect to see on the odometer when mine arrives new?  2,5,10 miles?

The first 100 miles are quite crucial, and I'd hate for my car to have been used as a demo before I get to pick it up!

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #324 on: 07 February 2010, 08:34 »
How many miles can I expect to see on the odometer when mine arrives new?  2,5,10 miles?

The first 100 miles are quite crucial, and I'd hate for my car to have been used as a demo before I get to pick it up!

My last car had 16 miles on the clock when it arrived.

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #325 on: 07 February 2010, 15:34 »
Can't quite believe this whilst I type but I've had confirmation that my car is now being built ! The dealer said it's in production phase 1 which I'm guessing is the colour and the standard GTI spec production? If anyone knows, I'd be interested to find out. He also said he'll lock the gates if it arrives before March so it won't get registered before then  :grin:

I've also had confirmation that I'll get free GAP insurance as well. Bit of a result so I'm a happy boy  :smiley: :smiley:
I have been told mine starts Monday, you jumped the queue and you jammy git on the GAP  :tongue: Looks like ours maybe traveling down from Grimsby together  :grin:

Lol re the GAP insurance. If you don't ask, you don't get  :smiley: Either that or I'm a silver tongued accountant- yeah I know the irony isn't lost on me either  :grin: :grin:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #326 on: 07 February 2010, 15:37 »
Gratz H12 mate, good result eh?

:grin:

March 8th cant come around quick enough for me!!

Deffo mate. It helps make me forget the months of frustration when I didn't even know if the car was going to be built because it had a build week and then seemed to disappear off the face of the earth. My birthday's the 8th of March so that would be some prezzie if mine turns up the same day as yours  :smiley:

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #327 on: 07 February 2010, 15:39 »

My last car had 16 miles on the clock when it arrived.

Forgot to say, Spooner. My last motor (albeit not a VW) had fifteen miles on the clock when I picked it up and drove like a bag of rusty spanners until it loosened up a bit  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #328 on: 07 February 2010, 15:58 »

Lol re the GAP insurance. If you don't ask, you don't get  :smiley: Either that or I'm a silver tongued accountant- yeah I know the irony isn't lost on me either  :grin: :grin:
I asked the dealer a while back, I was basically told i got a good deal to start with so tuff. They have not been the most helpful bunch. PMSL :grin:
« Last Edit: 07 February 2010, 16:00 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #329 on: 10 February 2010, 16:18 »
just had a chat with VW HO, am being told wk14, in my hands 2nd week April.
Not comfirmed though.....I dont think I could do this again,,,,,,,,

ordered 29th August !!!!!!
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......