Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112082 times)

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #260 on: 19 January 2010, 14:26 »
It doesn't get any better after you finally get your car - the paperwork for the optional service plan was incorrect when i collected my car. A month, 2 emails and 6 phone calls later i've still no response.

BTW - still got a red GTI 5dr in their showroom - been there at least 6 weeks now.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #261 on: 19 January 2010, 17:13 »
^ Don't tell me that!  :cry: I was thinking of adding it. (I need a DOH! smiley)

ScottieC BW06 is now confirmed   :smiley: so looks like its BW06 turn this week!
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline daparson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #262 on: 19 January 2010, 17:50 »
I ordered my car just before Xmas (via Broadspeed, £1000 off), and the dealer is showing it unconfirmed for Build week 10. Person I spoke with today said that might improve as VW are throwing everything at the GTI backlog to clear it up ... If it is build week 10, I should expect to see it at the end of March  :smiley:

I note everyone getting really bent out of shape about long lead times ... I recall ordering a Mini Cooper S in 2002 and waiting 7 months for it to turn up ... IIRC the early Audi TTs were a year or more ... Just chill out everyone, you'll get your car in the end and you'll love it ... life's too short ...
Its arrived!!: Candy White GTI , cloth interior, winter pack, luxury pack, park assist, RCD510 ...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #263 on: 19 January 2010, 18:02 »
If you had gone through the sh1t with them involved with my order i have, you would not be saying that im sure of that.
I have waited long times for cars in the past, and also suffered delays before, this was different in this case by the way i have been treated.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2010, 18:08 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline daparson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #264 on: 19 January 2010, 18:30 »
I had a 2 month delay with my current car, an Audi A4, due to a supply issue with some parts - bl**dy annoying, but not worth getting an ulcer over..

I'm sure its not been pleasant for you, but if your dealer are such a shower of t*ssers you could always cancel, and re-order with someone who gives a sh1t, and still be in a new GTI in 3 months - like it looks like I will be ...

You always have choices ...
Its arrived!!: Candy White GTI , cloth interior, winter pack, luxury pack, park assist, RCD510 ...

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #265 on: 19 January 2010, 19:27 »
I had a 2 month delay with my current car, an Audi A4, due to a supply issue with some parts - bl**dy annoying, but not worth getting an ulcer over..

I'm sure its not been pleasant for you, but if your dealer are such a shower of t*ssers you could always cancel, and re-order with someone who gives a sh1t, and still be in a new GTI in 3 months - like it looks like I will be ...

You always have choices ...

True- everyone has a choice but knowing my luck if I went elsewhere I'd have to wait an extra 6 months before my car arrived. The thing which struck me over my experience and several others here is the lack of interest by the dealers in keeping people informed- even if it's just out of courtesy to say things haven't moved on :sad:
But point taken- I guess it's a case of putting things into context...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #266 on: 21 January 2010, 13:36 »
^That was a polite way of putting it.  :embarassed:
Another point is that it would probably cost you an extra ~£3500 over the cost of when you ordered.
He has not a clue what some of us have had to go though, i just hope for his sake he does not have to learn. We are not novices at this stuff, we know what goes on, but a bit of common sense and customer service would be nice.

Any updates guys/girls?
Mine
I really wish people would not say they will do something and don't. :embarassed:

« Last Edit: 21 January 2010, 16:35 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #267 on: 21 January 2010, 19:19 »

I sent the dealer an email Tuesday night saying I was disappointed I did not receive the promised call on Monday morning. I had a response saying he was arranging a meeting with the Area Manager and VW to discuss my problem and other issues but, not surprisingly for a salesman, didn't specify when that would be. I emailed back asking when this would be but needless to say I did not receive a reply.

Following on from your comment about the increased cost of cancelling now and going elsewhere Snoopy, for us unlucky ones stuck in this mess I think it's just a case of trying to stay optimistic and hanging on in there. I've pretty much given up on receiving regular updates from my dealer and as I said in a previous post, this may well be my first and last VW. Buying a car should be a great experience in my opinion, not a frustating one...  :sad:

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
« Reply #268 on: 22 January 2010, 09:14 »
SNIP: I've pretty much given up on receiving regular updates from my dealer and as I said in a previous post, this may well be my first and last VW. Buying a car should be a great experience in my opinion, not a frustating one...  :

I agree with all that. My September order hasn't been granted a build week yet, rather i'm on the 'schedule for February'. So maybe, i've yet to experience all the foogin shenangigans about unconfirmed build weeks and stuff; definite bad crack!

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #269 on: 22 January 2010, 11:53 »
^ Seems a bit odd. :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI