Author Topic: how do you think the world views us GTI drivers?!  (Read 11449 times)

Offline Gazdebaz

• Here all the time
  • Lovin it.
Re: how do you think the world views us GTI drivers?!
« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2009, 16:57 »
 agree with S3 in regards to, that I am buying the car for myself and not caring how other people view it, well at least hoping they are thinking ....“Hmm that’s a nice looking car!”

But it does raise a couple of interesting points.

If you are, or about to become a GTI owner, you do check out everyone you see, irrespective of what mark it is.

There's a white mkV, white, private reg, driven by a young female, which is absolutely stunning, (the car that is) just round the corner from me, and I always have a look at it when I drive by. (again the car)

If someone is aggressively driving I tend to ignore what car they are in, but rather try to get a look at the driver.

A tw*t is still a tw*t, no matter what car they are driving.

The best bit of advice I have been given is to always stay well back from the shell suit and Burberry cap types, plus the blazer and flat cap octogenarian brigade.   :smiley:
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Winter Pack, Lux Pack, RCD510+dynaudio, Park Assist with Camera, Sunroof, Cruise, Mud Guards & FT indicator.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2009, 17:00 »

I've tried to start a friendly GTi and .:R32 waving club around Glasgow, but people tend to think you've escaped the ward for the day!  :laugh:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 17 September 2009, 17:01 »

A tw*t is still a tw*t, no matter what car they are driving.

good point!  i also appreciate a good driver - there is a girl who drives a red fiesta st on my way to work, every couple of months our paths cross and we have a little "race" (if i'm in the mood) - she is very very aggresive but is a very good driver.  she even beat me once  :grin:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2009, 17:02 »
I get the same and mostly get dirty looks from other GTi drivers which is a shame but hey ho I'm sad and having fun!

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2009, 17:03 »
she even beat me once  :grin:

...and that's been your fantasy ever since, eh?

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 17 September 2009, 17:03 »
I get the same and mostly get dirty looks from other GTi drivers which is a shame but hey ho I'm sad and having fun!

i would wave at you if i saw you - but since we've worked out we're in the same area i haven't seen you once!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2009, 17:04 »
VW Golf is the commonest car in Europe.
Many have owned one, most of those (in their hearts) would have liked to own the gti version.

I find people just have a mild respect for GTI drivers, no bad thing.
We get let out at junctions, no one really bothers racing you, they don't get scratched too often, but they have the road presence to allow for rapid and smooth progress.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 17 September 2009, 17:05 »

Here's a wave! :afro:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 17 September 2009, 17:06 »
That's because I'm so minted I get the police to close the roads when I feel like going for a drive  :wink:

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 17 September 2009, 17:06 »
Thanks for that FamilyDub  :smiley: