Author Topic: how do you think the world views us GTI drivers?!  (Read 11526 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: how do you think the world views us GTI drivers?!
« Reply #40 on: 17 September 2009, 18:43 »
I think every ones opinion will differ.. Caught a middle aged man and his dad staring into my car last weekend at B&Q. As i gave them the obligitory flash of the indicators (i.e. stand the feck back) i realised they were just admiring, and the gent was showing his dad that he wanted to get one. that put a little smile on my face!

Other times you can tell that others in sporty hatchs will try their absolute best to not make eye contact :undecided:.

You cant please everyone.. so just please yourself!! (not like that you dirty barstewards :tongue: :grin:)

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 17 September 2009, 19:06 »
Well obviously the world considers GTI drivers to be persons of good taste and restraint  :smug: - that's if they notice you in the first place...  :laugh:

Racing stripes only work on a 1960's automotive legend or an actual racing car.
Golf R

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #42 on: 17 September 2009, 19:14 »
I was wondering since the GTI can be construed as a sports car, do you folks think putting on racing stripes would make it really nice like the Mini or like Mustangs?

Views please?

If there are stripes on your GTI, I am sure it will turn some heads?

HM

See this!!! http://www.lincah.com/2009-mcchip-volkswagen-golf-vi-gti

And my stomach. :sick:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #43 on: 17 September 2009, 19:19 »
I was wondering since the GTI can be construed as a sports car, do you folks think putting on racing stripes would make it really nice like the Mini or like Mustangs?

Views please?

If there are stripes on your GTI, I am sure it will turn some heads?

HM

See this!!! http://www.lincah.com/2009-mcchip-volkswagen-golf-vi-gti

And my stomach. :sick:

HA HA HA I just had my dinner... Really?
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #44 on: 17 September 2009, 19:22 »
No no no definitely no stripes.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #45 on: 17 September 2009, 19:27 »
For me, I think the world views GTI drivers as boy racers. Esp with the old mk's. I think the GTI grew up when the mk5 and now 6 appeared but I think some people will still have that impression of us.

Doesnt bother me, I cant wait to plank my ass in mine.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #46 on: 17 September 2009, 20:12 »
For me, I think the world views GTI drivers as boy racers. Esp with the old mk's. I think the GTI grew up when the mk5 and now 6 appeared but I think some people will still have that impression of us.

Kev
I think maybe 'man(woman) racers' or 'getting older and still having fun' racers or even 'grown up racers'.
The GTI isn't and has never been a boy racer car. Even the Mk1s were a practical hot hatch with style.
(Focus RS, Pg GTI, Saxo thingy,Cosworth, Mini JCW  on the other hand...)
« Last Edit: 17 September 2009, 20:14 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Paling

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 17 September 2009, 22:05 »
Leave the stripes for Ford.
Deep Black Golf GTi 5dr Mk6, 18'' Monza Shadows, Cruise Control, ACC, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Storage Pack, Front & Rear Park Assist and Flat Tyre indicator.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 17 September 2009, 22:11 »
Leave the stripes for Ford.

Thot it would be nice to have stripes... just to be different... but I guess you are right... perhaps the GTI is too elegant to be too showy...

HM
« Last Edit: 18 September 2009, 09:48 by howlingmoon »
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #49 on: 17 September 2009, 22:42 »

Kev
I think maybe 'man(woman) racers' or 'getting older and still having fun' racers or even 'grown up racers'.
The GTI isn't and has never been a boy racer car. Even the Mk1s were a practical hot hatch with style.
(Focus RS, Pg GTI, Saxo thingy,Cosworth, Mini JCW  on the other hand...)

I agree mate, but the people ive talked to have immediately said.. 'oh still a boy racer at heart eh Kev' when I mentioned Ive bought a GTi.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"