Author Topic: Rocker Cover gasket changing  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Jay

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,415
  • balding fat cvnt
Rocker Cover gasket changing
« on: 14 August 2009, 21:44 »
This will be the first time I'm opening the engine up and I'm worried I'll screw something up, and if I do I'm in the sh!t because it's my daily.

Am I just being a pussy/worry wart or is it really that simple to change a rocker cover gasket on the GTD's?  :undecided:

I don't need any gasket sealant do I?
Will I only need the gasket and nawt else?
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

gtigolfthree

  • Guest
Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2009, 22:19 »
As long as you dont damage the gasket should be ok. Why you changing it you got a leak?

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2009, 00:15 »
Easy to do.

Offline Jay

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,415
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2009, 11:13 »
Yarp, oil coming out of the top of the head between the rocker cover and head. It's more of a seep and I don't loose *that* much oil considering it's also a diesel.

If this delivery ever comes I'll be heading to GSF and picking up a few gaskets, just to be safe.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Rocker Cover gasket changing
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2009, 15:57 »
just make sure you put it on properly.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****