Author Topic: Mark V - Mark VI with ACC - Question  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Mark V - Mark VI with ACC - Question
« Reply #40 on: 23 August 2009, 11:06 »
Take a look at the part of my post he quoted it may give you a clue  :wink:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 23 August 2009, 13:47 »
ARB = Anti-roll Bar?

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #42 on: 23 August 2009, 13:51 »
Nice one, Teutonic_Tamer, thanks!  Finally someone can confirm that the suspension "hardwares" are identical for Mk5 and Mk6.  And it sounds reasonable if I jump from an aged Mk5 to a brand new Mk6, I could have the "hard feeling" at my butt!

Anyone has any idea the difference in kerb weight between the two cars?

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #43 on: 23 August 2009, 14:34 »
Thanks Snoopy - bit jet lagged wasn't fully awake!

Even though the components are the same, after a test drive I'm pretty sure the MKVI is not as hard as the MKV.  Seems strange that there are a number of conflicting reports going around!!

Cheers

CF

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 23 August 2009, 15:38 »

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 23 August 2009, 16:19 »
Thanks.....not sure how a difference of 3 decibels from the new vs old Golf equates to a 20% difference! Scooby was more helpful though!

Cheers

CF

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #46 on: 23 August 2009, 17:01 »
Thanks.....not sure how a difference of 3 decibels from the new vs old Golf equates to a 20% difference! Scooby was more helpful though!

Cheers

CF

It's all to do with psychophysics. I aint gonna explain that, I'll let TT do that  :grin: But the important things to note is that 100db is not twice as loud as 50db. It's quite hard to translate db into loudness, you need a masters for that, but basically 60db is like 4 times as loud as 50db and 50db is like twice as loud as 40db. So a basic 3 db difference could very easily equate to the mk5 being 20% more noisey.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 23 August 2009, 17:59 »

Cheers

CF

It's all to do with psychophysics. I aint gonna explain that, I'll let TT do that  :grin: But the important things to note is that 100db is not twice as loud as 50db. It's quite hard to translate db into loudness, you need a masters for that, but basically 60db is like 4 times as loud as 50db and 50db is like twice as loud as 40db. So a basic 3 db difference could very easily equate to the mk5 being 20% more noisey.

^^

Logaritmic innit  :nerd:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #48 on: 24 August 2009, 14:47 »
This might help  :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxtcVek7Ees

So that highly respected 'pillar of automotive journalism' - iMotor (who?  :rolleyes:) can read the offical VW press releases.  And WTF were they on about with the windscreen?  :rolleyes:

Like I repeatedly state - the Mk6 has exactly the same access to the suspension 'parts bins' as the Mk5 - EXCEPT for the ACC.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo