Author Topic: Mark V - Mark VI with ACC - Question  (Read 10546 times)

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
Re: Mark V - Mark VI with ACC - Question
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2009, 09:10 »
Ah well.....we don't live in a perfect world....

Actually re-reading the hk spec listed earlier, that's something like a 30k car here in the uk. Even with the top discount people are getting (9%) that's still 27k....

Perhaps I should move to hk after all... (My parents and in-laws live there). Then again there aren't many places to drive it and parking costs a bomb. Petrol is also pretty expensive.

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2009, 16:07 »
Yeah the hkg price was including the First Registration Tax......

et997....similar thoughts, it's not as harsh as the MKV so I felt it was acceptable to go ahead.....just trying to sort out delivery times as they already have stock but need to sort parking out! White is my preferred colour for this particular car despite the cleaning issues, I felt it brings out the shape of the car more and coupled with Xenons....pretty cool looking.

CF

Same here...I was able to get mine from the very first batch of cars (ETA Aug 7) which will be registered and ready for pick-up by next week. But I have to defer a little so that I could sell my current car first.  Guess I will get mine by end of Aug then.

Candy White for me too!!

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 14 August 2009, 04:31 »
So Carl, you are getting it without ACC?

My desire of getting ACC starts to grow in me again....I need help!!

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 15 August 2009, 14:59 »
et997,

as far as i understood from the dealer.....acc will not be an available option as they batch order.....

i need a car in the next 2-3mths so i don't wish to wait any longer! it's already been about a year since rumours of the new model were floating around! i already put a deposit down!

any ideas where to get some place in hkg to "seal" the paint? some years ago the vw dealership in the UK offered Sureguard....car looked new for years....all i ever did was wash it with car shampoo! the vw dealership in hkg doesn't seem to know anything about that....

cheers

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 15 August 2009, 15:09 »
et997,

as far as i understood from the dealer.....acc will not be an available option as they batch order.....

i need a car in the next 2-3mths so i don't wish to wait any longer! it's already been about a year since rumours of the new model were floating around! i already put a deposit down!

any ideas where to get some place in hkg to "seal" the paint? some years ago the vw dealership in the UK offered Sureguard....car looked new for years....all i ever did was wash it with car shampoo! the vw dealership in hkg doesn't seem to know anything about that....

cheers
Hi, Carl,

Just an update for you...ACC is confirmed to be an HKD15,000 worth option.  It will be available in the Dec build orders and will be delivered in Feb 2010.  So they will be 09/10 cars.  And later in 2010, it will become a standard equipment.

I have arranged a test drive on the coming Mon.  Just need to get a first-hand experience in the conventional suspension.  My friend who assisted Car-and-Driver HK in the test drive with the Mk 6 GTI, commented that the suspension is stiffer than that in Mk 5.

My deposit has been put down as well, but I can defer my deal and pick a car from a later build order if I will.

I will check on the paint-coat and revert back with some info later on.

Cheers,
Ellis

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 15 August 2009, 15:18 »
et997,

best thing of all i forgot to mention....i gave my mother a ride in a friend's mark V....i popped the question "do you think this is firm" ...the response...."no not at all, firm is good!"  :smug:

CF

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 15 August 2009, 16:45 »
et997,

best thing of all i forgot to mention....i gave my mother a ride in a friend's mark V....i popped the question "do you think this is firm" ...the response...."no not at all, firm is good!"  :smug:

CF
Carl, tell you what, I did a similar thing...I borrowed my friend's Mk5 GTI for a weekend test, asked my lady to ride in and listened to her comments (after all, she's the primary user of the car).  She at least didn't complain about the ride.

The same guy who lent me his GTI, went with C&D for the Mk6 GTI test drive, commented that the new car has a stiffer suspension.  So I guess it's better to check it out by myself, and give myself an own judgement.

I hope it won't be too harsh as a daily driver.

Cheers,
ET

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 15 August 2009, 17:12 »
et997,

many thanks.......correction - Supagaurd.....

obviously connections helpĀ  :wink:

i was told no test drive for the GTI is available - what strings are you pulling or have a just got a not so helpful salesman....15000HKS for that option sounds a bit high to me given that the UK price is only around 700 squid...but if it's to become standard equipment for the same price I'd assume - surely that is going to annoy a heck of a lot of 1st batch buyers??

that requires more thought....

They could have made it simpler!

Cheers

CF
« Last Edit: 15 August 2009, 17:19 by Carl Fredricksen »

Offline et997

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 16 August 2009, 09:12 »
et997,

many thanks.......correction - Supagaurd.....

obviously connections help  :wink:

i was told no test drive for the GTI is available - what strings are you pulling or have a just got a not so helpful salesman....15000HKS for that option sounds a bit high to me given that the UK price is only around 700 squid...but if it's to become standard equipment for the same price I'd assume - surely that is going to annoy a heck of a lot of 1st batch buyers??

that requires more thought....

They could have made it simpler!

Cheers

CF
VWHK's actually organized test drive activity today (Sun) and yesterday (Sat).  People can just walk in and test drive will be arranged.  Read the paper, I think they have done some ad on the major paper in town.  Or call your salesman, it's his responsibility to keep you informed.

I called my salesman the other day and asked if I could do a test drive.  He didn't hesitate for one bit and said it's better to do it on Mon/Tue when time is more flexible.  So I guess I will do it tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

ET

Offline Carl Fredricksen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 16 August 2009, 16:18 »
Pls pls pls let me know what you think of the ride and what roads you test drove on after you're done....

Cheers

CF